Yacht Insurance

john_morris_uk

yachtserendipity.wordpress.com
I take back all I've said about craftinsure.com I have just had my annual renewal notice from them and its gone up by 28.9%! No claims and nothing changed. A broker intimated that they were making a loss, but what is bizarre is that the Insurance Co that is supposed to be behind them quoted me £40 less when I phoned direct than the online price.

Bishop Skinner with the RYA discount was a very reasonably priced deal of only £7 more than I paid last year. Pays to shop around as they say.

Robin

Visit site
John

Did you not try the Westerly Owners Insurance? They (from memory now) give several benefits like extra cover at no cost, 12 months in commission etc and a discount, I believe it is Navigators and General. I was with them for many years when we had our W33 and found them excellent but we changed to Pants with the new boat because it wasn't a Westerly and was already with Pants, then later we found we still qualify for the WOA scheme as we are still members.

Robin

LaurenceK

Visit site
Hello there John.

We changed our Warrior 35 to Pantanius a couple of years ago and they have been great. Additional premium for cover N of Arctic Circle only £30 and this year additional cover to Gib FOC. Difficult to beat that.

Laurence