yacht insurance renewal

saltyrob

Visit site
Hi folks,

I have been getting quotes for insuring our 29 foot yacht.There is a considerable range in the quotes for similar cover, recieved from the usual companies who advertise in YM/PBO.Therefore I would be grateful for any recommendations and comments concernig problems were claims have had to be made.

Regards

Robert

DanTribe

Visit site
Try K C Powell & Ptnrs.
I've always found their rates competitive and they are very knowledgeable about yachts.
I had to make a claim last year and it was all sorted very quickly with no quibbles, and this years premium hasn't gone through the roof either.

sailorman

Visit site
imho dont use saga untill u have read conditions /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

CliveG

Visit site
A second vote for K C Powell.
2nd year of ownership.
Good price and very heplful.
Not claimed yet.
Hope not to need to do so.

shmoo

Visit site
Would you mind sharing any particular conditions that you think could cause a problem with SAGA. I am insured with them and they are competitively priced and were very helpful with extending the cruising area a couple of years back. Must say that, while I have "kind-of" read the small print, I have not done a line by line trawl through it.

sailorman

Visit site
their price was too cheap @ the LBS 3 yrs ago.
cant remember conditions now but were not good for the insured.
suggest you re-read your policy carefully & decide if its ok for your needs.
single handed & night spring to mind

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
I third KC Powel.
Admit havent had any claims etc but are happy with the service and as someone else said, they are very knowledgable about boats.

Ecosse120

Visit site
KC Powell are great, I am having problems getting a condition report before the boat goes back in the water and they said that a set of photo's would be OK.