Y-10 Fibre Glass Stain Remover.

G

Y-10 Fibre Glass Stain Remover.

Has anybody used it?

Does really work?

Any tips?

Anyother methods of doing this kind of cleaning on a large scale?

Thanks in advance, Stephen

G

Yes, it works fantastically, but.....

I can't help thinking that you'll get simialr results, much more cheaply by using oxalic acid, as described last week.

G

Agree that it works well

Be sure to leave it on the stain long enough - worse the stain longer you need to leave before wiping off.

G

Ambient temperature

Several of us found, quite independently, that Y10 works well in the heat (?) of the UK summer, but not at all when the temperature is below about 10 degrees C.

I use Teakbrite for all GRP cleaning, active ingredient oxalic acid. I've had the same pot for five years now, so the cost is not all that prohibitive.

Last weekend I watched a demonstration of Starbrite products on a very sorry-looking 25 ft boat parked outside the local chandler's place. I was very impressed, with a minimum of effort, no hard rubbing, no power buffing, the boat was transformed to gleaming newness in less than a day.

G

Excellent for waterline stains. Temp is critical - waste of time if it is too cold. Say above 10C.

G

Re: Yes, it works fantastically, but.....

We resorted to Y10 after failing with oxalic acid and it was quite cold when we used it. It doesn't work miracles but I would buy it again.