Wormwheel for Lofrans Airon Windlass

TradewindSailor

Visit site
I need a new wormwheel for my Lofrans Airon windlass.

I know the windlass is old, but everything else is working well. I have tried the Lofrans importer in NZ and he's just fobbed me off with .... 'it'll be in the next container' .... for the last 18 months!

If anyone knows of a source please let me know. Lofrans have proved themselves to be useless so far. Alternatively if anyone wants any parts for the Airon I may be able to oblige ......

I currently have a Tigress at work on the foredeck ..... but it is a little obtrusive.

Tranona

Visit site
Lofrans has gone through major ownership changes in the last couple of years and spares (and new units) have been like gold dust. Impossible to get anything from the factory and they have no active distributor in the UK now. So, your only chance is finding one in stock at a distributor - lots of luck.

Gordonmc

Visit site
By pure coincidence I was doing a trawl through Ebay and came across a Lofrans wormwheel, Item Number 120741565672.
Its for a Kobra, but the vendor might put you in the direction of one for an Airon.
If you were closetr than Fiji I might make an offer for your Tigress... that was what I have been trawling for.