World Sailing Trust survey on gender diversity

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
My daughter works for the World Sailing Trust (which is the charitable arm of World Sailing). She has asked if I could encourage sailors to complete a survey about women in sailing. I hope that I am not breaking any forum rules by posting this request and link.

Today the World Sailing Trust has launched a global survey on gender diversity in sailing

We would like to encourage the whole sailing and marine community to participate in the survey and tell their own story

The link to the survey is here: http://bit.ly/WomenInSailingSurvey

The survey is part of the Trust’s Access to Sailing work, forming the basis of our Strategic Review on Women in Sailing. We want to understand the trends around gender diversity within sailing and learn about the experiences of women and girls in sailing: what attracts them, what puts them off, why they drop out, the perceived and real barriers to participation that they might face and how this varies across countries, ages, classes and competition and different elements of the sport - racing vs recreational vs officials and, how we can increase women and girls’ participation.

Thanks

TudorSailor

TheEcho

Visit site
The same box would apply, as it is neither a male nor a female identity. I am sure there won’t be enough people within that category to make it statistically worthwhile breaking it down further.

Are you particularly interested in how sailing experience differs by non-gendered identities, or are you making some kind of political point or joke? I can’t see anything wrong with this survey’s approach.

TheEcho

Visit site
I don't pretend any shame about not being a woman.
It's the way I was borne.

Well that should be obvious. Why should anyone be ashamed of such a thing outside one’s control? I am not ashamed of being born in a prosperous part of south east England rather than rural Africa. It does, however, mean if someone wants a conference about the experience of growing up in constant starvation, I am the wrong person to ask and should let people who know about it do the talking.