Working on a new website for boating people

G

Hi all,

Following my fathers' retirement down to Talland, near Looe in Cornwall, he bought the boat he's been after for years but was moaning to me about finding a decent website for boating/sailing...

Over the last couple of weeks I've started putting a site together for him, and he'll be looking after it once it's been tested and is working smoothly... (hehe - he's got the time now he's retired!)

The URL is http://www.yellowellybrigade.co.uk

The first bits I've got working are a picture album that anybody can contribute to (boat pics only please), a threaded discussion board, and a guestbook.

The main drive behind the site is to make it quick (therefore as few graphics as possible - no big adverts).

If anybody's got suggestions for sections they would like to see in the site, please e-mail either myself or my dad (djbeckett@btinternet.com - also known as "SirNibbo" on many of the online boat forums).

All we need now is some visitors to make the place interesting!

Jonathan Beckett kafooey@yahoo.co.uk

G

Wish you both all the best on your venture, never to many sailing sites Dave

G

Jonathan

Can't find the site I have used the address you have given....getting me nowhere Dave

G

Ah...I got in there, very nice too...

...and didn't realise you automatically produce a link from information taken. Are you ready to be linked via TheSeaMag? We're ready if you are! Maybe you have a little graphic we could use to show readers where they're going ( a little yellow welly, perhaps? and they can click on it...thanks for the invitation to visit.

G

Re: Ah...I got in there, very nice too...

We're adding a "featured links" bit at the top of the links page for reciprocals - I expect you'll go in there :)

G

Good luck with the new website. I hope you can keep a good eye on postings, and not let it get out of hand as we saw on uk.rec.sailing a while ago. The abusive language content of two persons was beyond belief.

Regards, Philip