Wooden classic yacht surveyors

wilkinsonsails

Visit site
Wanted an experienced wooden vintage yacht surveyor .Our previous one retired .
1937 Norman Dalimore designed ketch Blue Trout currently out of the water at Gillingham.
Any recommendations .
Cindy

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Hi Cindy I used Paul Kerridge for Marihona, very good knowledge of wood boat structure, Cornwall based though. Try asking the smack-heads up at Brightlingsea for a recommendation?

wilkinsonsails

Visit site
Although Blue Trout is looking pretty good for her age .There are a few things that I can see need attention,.
The boat needs a survey for insurance purposes.
It would be better for a wooden boat surveyor to point these out to her owner that me .After all what do I know ��

wilkinsonsails

Visit site
Thanks for your recommendations so far .I have forwarded these to the owner .tis a busy time of year for surveyors ,and the owner seems to think they are twiddling their thumbs waiting for his call.
Do oh.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Humm, Cindy, have you thought about approaching the local family Builders based at Halstow I think (the name escapes for the mo) as they have rebuilt Thames Barges and have owned Fishing Vessels all built from timber for quite some years now, so they are well versed in Timber built vessels and practical fellas to boot. They may know of a Surveyor local to the Medway.

Best wishes with the search for a traditional surveyor, they are getting as old as the Vessels these days, so needing surveys of a medical kind themselves.