Wokingham, Wednesday, 23rd May

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickp

Visit site
Err, okay - change of day so Adrian can make it and er.. venue not yet known, but somewhere around Wokingham anyway. Will confirm by Monday at the latest.

So thats 8pm, Wednesday at a mystery location.... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rick

adrianb

Visit site
Thanks Rick - game on ! I just hope a certain forumites boat will be finished in time !!!

( Only joking) !!
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Adrian

Chas25

Visit site
Seeing as in the morning I will have just completed a 3.5 hour exam I reckon I might just deserve a pint or 2 /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
I'll check with Carol later, meant to be revising so best not say I've been on here /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

rickp

Visit site
Okay, lets try the Dog and Duck this time. Location is here.

If you're coming from Wokingham, head towards Reading on the A329 (NOT the motorway), and after the Woosehill roundabout, turn right at the lights opposite the shell garage and go past the Rifle Volunteer pub. Under the railway, past the Emmbrook Inn (was the Thatched Cottage but I think the name changed) and up to the mini roundabout. Turn right and past both Emmbrook Schools. Over the little bridge, and then its the next right into the pub car park.

They're going to keep a couple of tables for us. Food is available from a reasonable menu, £7 a meal - I was wrong about the "2 or 3 course menu" only - thats just Thursday-Saturday. The pub is already non-smoking (in case that puts anyone off).

I'll probably wander down around 7pm ish to eat first, and I'll take a chart or something to identify us to anyone new turning up /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Anyone who thinks they may get lost, PM me for my mobile number...

Cheers,
Rick

rickp

Visit site
VOTE

Okay - so thoughts on the pub last night? Food was a bit slow but apart from that, it was nice to be able to move the tables to suite without being causing strife....

So, a poll...

Rick

djefabs

Visit site
Re: VOTE

Hi Rick
Thought the pub was fine, food not so good although Carol's was OK /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Seems a lot more room and able to comfortably accommodate the growing Wokingham chapter

Worth sticking with and giving the food one more chance /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

adrianb

Visit site
Re: VOTE

Rick firstly thanks for making the date one that I could attend - even if a was a bit achy after yesterdays exercise !

I think another try on the food front is worth a try - although Carol will be nicking Derek's meal next time round ! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Good meet, very enjoyable. Best wishes to Sarabande.........thanks for turning up, albeit a short visit this time.

Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.