winterisation. what engine spray?

atlowers

Visit site
about to winter the boat which is being lifted out in france. pondering on giving the whole engines a protective spray before i leave them. Is it a good idea and if so what should I use? have read a little and now not sure wd is any good for this.
what do you use?

C

catalac08

Fogging oil is best for the bores, just squirt it in through the injectors or plug holes and Waxoil for the engine outside, although it does look a bit messy but easily cleaned off.

sarabande

Visit site
Castrol Rustilo. I use it on farm equipment which stays outdoors from year to year. You can get solvent based and water based variations. When it dries it forms a thin waxy coating which does not attack rubber hose or seals.

WD40, Duck Oil, etc are not preservative oils. Any preservative activity is a by-product of the oil contents, which are designed primarily as lubricants.

VicS

Visit site
never heard of fogging oil, who makes this please under what name ?

Fogging oil, (mine is Quicksilver "Storage seal") is used for spraying into the engines insides via the air intake while the engine is still running. Most commonly used AFAIK for laying up outboards. S'what I use mine for.

Last edited: