Winter storage in Plymouth

andyorr

Visit site
Will be keeping my boat in Torpoint this season. In years past I've used Huggins for winter storage. A 32'er is now going to cost in excess of £1000 for 6 months in the yard. Does anyone know of anywhere else I could try? I live over 2 hours away so need to rely on a yard doing weekend lift outs etc or handling the boat themselves from the mooring at TMSC.
Andy

bobgoode

Visit site
Why not sail her round to Old Mill Creek at Dartmouth and get lifted there...bound to be cheaper than Hugins and only a few gours sailing away.

Why not try Ply mouth Yacht Haven...probably not much more expensive but better facillities or even QAB

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site
PYH does a winter deal... 5 months out... for 9.5 meters including lifts, props, moving to and from the berth... bout £800.....

doug748

Visit site
Give ShoreStore a ring. They are at Laira Bridge on the Plym, so on the right side of town for you to visit. They are nice people to deal with and will be cheaper than marina sharks.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Give ShoreStore a ring. They are at Laira Bridge on the Plym, so on the right side of town for you to visit. They are nice people to deal with and will be cheaper than marina sharks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used them a few years back for a 32 footer and echo all you say. And the security there is excellent.

cgull

Visit site
"Best Boatyard In The World" Boating World...kept mine there for a couple of seasons. And its a great river to sail up the Lynher...