Winter lift out and storage on French waterways?

atlowers

Visit site
Had planned on leaving boat at st. Symphorien for the winter but have heard some horror stories about the thickness of ice last winter and being grp, want to have her out of water. I am currently at auxonne travelling possibly up borgouyne and back down nivernais. Looking for good recommendation for a port on this route with lift out and land storage facility.

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
Blanquart's at St Jean de Losne? (I realise not on your above route)
I don't know of anywhere with a travelift* (please correct this!) but the port at Auxerre (now run by France Fluviale) also has lifted-out boats in their yard area I recall. *H2O have a 'slide out' trailer.

Last edited:

Wino

Visit site
Try Simon Evans, previously at Sens, now at Migennes.

Also Port sur Saone -not quite on your prospective route, but a friend has just had his cruiser lifted out - I think 20 tons plus.

I think both are omn the net

cimo

Visit site
Simon Evans' is a very atmospheric yard.
Was glad I lifted out - minus 12degC last winter from what I hear.
The Yonne locks are a bit painful though if you have a keel (or two), most have sloping sides and not all have floating pontoons to tie up to - but well doable. Nice folk.

http://www.evans-marine.fr/

atlowers

Visit site
Grehan, thanks for input, i will check out blanquarts next couple of days when I get there. auxerre would be a good spot for me so will look at that also.
Roj1 and cimo thanks for the link will have a look. stayed at port sur soane for a few days. nice people there and watched a cruiser lifted. very careful and was impressed but its just not ideal position for me unfortunately.