windsor marine sales

byron

RIP
Visit site
I have both sold to them and bought via them. They seem to be OK to me. They have been established many many years.
remember though, they are selling to you and their obligation is not to you but their client. So don't take their word that a boat is OK., make your own checks and if necessary have a survey. They will have ensured the boat is free of any HP etc. or arrange to take a portion of the funds and paying off any owings before passing the balance to the owner.
oceaneagle.jpg

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
I bought a Bayliner 2755 from them several years ago, I had a survey and trial and bought the boat.
Before I had it transported home I asked the resident mechanic to service the engine. Got a phone call a couple of days later where he told me that the sump was just about rusted through and would need replacing, bugger! I've ordered the parts and they should be here next week he said, oh and by the way Windsor have agreed to pay for it all!!!!!!!
I didn't even have to ask, so would I recommend them? You bet.
I think it was one of their secondhand stock boats.

byron

RIP
Visit site
The brokerage have changed hands since those days which is something I have only just learned. In my view therefore my earlier opinion should now be disregarded and the new people have yet to prove themselves. At the moment word on the street is not too favorable... trying to be polite here /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif
oceaneagle.jpg

Chris_d

Visit site
Thats good service, I had a similar..ish experience with Val Wyats on the Thames a few years ago. During a conversation about picking the boat up they said they had found a weeping fuel pipe (petrol), "would I like fixed?" yes said I as it was only a bit of ptfe tape and a spanner. When I collected the boat and made the final payment they presented me with a seperate bill for 1 hours labour. Mine wasn't a stock boat but I thought that was a bit petty and tight, especialy as it would have been dangerous to let me sail off with fuel leak.

Nauti Fox

Ducatiproteam.co.uk
I was impressed as it meant engine out (7.4 mercruiser) and while it was out they also replaced the gear and throttle cables.
But as Byron says they have changed hands so I guess that means nothing now.