windscreen wiper motor

G

I have a Princess 35 1985 model. Two of the three windscreen wiper motors have ceased combonation of rust & salt , the usual thing. Can't see manufacturer ID. would a car breakers have similar motor or is it a case of marine supplier only?

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Try taking it apart, bet the spindle has corrosion, can usually be freed, greased and put back together as good as new.

If that doesn't work then I suggest Vetus for replacements.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by longjohnsilver on Sun Feb 10 09:34:35 2002 (server time).</FONT></P>

mtb

Visit site
Re TEPCO

The electrical parts company
Deal in Lucas parts , actually they supply most of the Classic car dealers in the UK
and Europe with new and reconditioned parts .Starter motors distributors wiper motors lights and so on even motor bike parts as well ,so you could try them.
Phone

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/boats
I want a big steel ex trawler / tug v/cheep or swap for tug

coliholic

Visit site
Mark I've got exactly the same problem with mine. Both have stopped working, siezed solid. Have taken one apart and it's an absolute nightmare. There's cogs and little pins and tiny nylon bushes and slidey bits and stuff. Got it right down to just a bag of bits. The mild steel output shaft is siezed solid in the brass sleeve and it's been soaking in Plus Gas for over a week now and is still solid. Have tried tapping it out and large grips to try to turn it but so far no joy, it's well and truly siezed. So I think I'm going to have to buy new ones too. Perhaps we can get a job lot?

Anyone got any ideas how I can free this up? It' seems odd, but it's definitely a mild steel shaft siezed to a BRASS sleeve.

andyball

Visit site
If you've tried plus-gas..........heat is probably the only way you'll shift it. Those gas-canister blow lamps can do a fine job.

G

Mine are too far gone i had to cut the shaft off to get it out of situ, with a hack saw .The motor has virtually disintergrated.