windows 7

dougg

Visit site
I used to run the Raytech software on my old laptop with the seatalk linked to the E80. However now have new lappy with 7 on it. ive installed the origonal disk etc and it will only fire up in the simulate mode with " NO GPS " flashing all the time. any ideas thanks.

DipperToo

Visit site
not sure if it will cure things, but Raymarine sent me the following;

To install RayTech RNS 6.1 and RayTech Planner v6.1 in Windows 7:

1 - Right Click on the RayTech software installation executable found on the RayTech Planner CD (setup.exe) that you have downloaded from Raymarine's web site (raytech6_1.exe) and select Properties

2 - Click on the Compatibility Tab within the Properties dialog

3 - Place a tick in the box where it specifies 'Run this program in compatibility mode for:", select "Vista Service Pack 2" from the supplied list, and then click on the OK button

4 - Double click the RayTech software installation executable and run the installation. If prompted by UAC to continue select Yes.

5 - Installation should complete and when run RayTech (START->Programs->Raymarine RayTech Navigator), the program will prompt you to select which version you have (Full/Upgrade Go to Step 7, Planner Go to Step 6).

6 - If you have RayTech Planner then select the third option in the list an use the software in planning mode. You are now done with this procedure.

STEP 7 DID NOT EXIST !

It may be tjhat after the install you will also need to make sure that the RNS program is set to run in compatible mode as above.

Last edited:

dougg

Visit site
E mailed Raymarine but you guessed it no reply, their customer support really sucks.There happy to take your hard earned wedge off you but dont give a damn if it works or not.

So some 36 hrs later and inlisting the help of an IT proffessional its finally working.

Garmin all the way next time for me, you can get straight through to tech support, and there helpfull.

Fitting the ais tomorrow, that should be a barrel of laughs!!!:(

Silent Lady

Visit site
How can you say that

Don't know how you can say that about a Company after one email. How do you know it even got delivered. Perhaps a phone call would have helped. They are very good and have helped me in the past. You can always follow it up with an email to the guy you were talking to.

I think your post is totally out of order. :mad:

ghostlymoron

Visit site
Don't know how you can say that about a Company after one email. How do you know it even got delivered. Perhaps a phone call would have helped. They are very good and have helped me in the past. You can always follow it up with an email to the guy you were talking to.

I think your post is totally out of order. :mad:

Agreed. I had very good service from them when I sent my ancient tillerpilot back with an intermittent fault. They had to keep it on test for several days before the fault appeared then re-made some dodgy connections on the PCB and returned it for about £40. As far as I know, it is still working fine.

dougg

Visit site
I was very peed offf at the time and maybe just maybe a little too hasty to vent my fraustration. I still havent had a reply. Perhaps you could direct me to the place on their web site that gives there telephone no.

How do you asign an idividual com port of the e 80 to a specific nmea input?
Correct me if im wrong but it does not tell you in the owners manual.