Win £50,000??

DaveParry

Visit site
Not so much sailing related, as magazine related...

To save me ringing up for 5 minutes at £1 per minute, and assuming you all managed to get three symbols the same on the scratch card that fell out of the December PBO, can anyone tell me what the catch is? There must be one, as I can't believe they are going to give everyone £50,000, a PC, VCR, Camcorder, HiFi, TV or whatever in return for a £5 call.

toad

Visit site
Look at the card again,i bet it is the four days in Paris.It is in different colour print,all you have to pay(apart from the £5 phone call)is transport,food and accommodation supplement to be taken at a time of year when no one else wants a room.

G

£50,000?? no chance

Total junk mail. thousands of people, usually those least able to afford it, phone up and make the relevant company thousands in phone calls. They usually win a pen worth about fourpence. I cant believe a mag like pbo would allow such rubbish. I know its all about money but this is beyond the pail.

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
Re: £50,000?? no chance

....because my 9 year old firmly believes that our new yacht is the way! Am almost having to nail the phone down to stop him ringing, whats more he believes that because he has 3 of them (I buy all the mags!) he is up for £150,000. These sort of promotions have been well publicised and exposed by the consumer groups, who ironically appear to have their own similar schemes! Give them a wide berth.

AndrewB

Visit site
well at least its not Spain ...

... when you can guarantee that in addition to paying for almost everything, there will be a timeshare salesman waiting to greet your flight.

robp

Visit site
Especially the ones

that are directed at kids. Why do I have to bring my eight year old up to assume everyone is trying to rip him off?

I know this one isn't for kids, (well not small ones) but many are.

Aja

Visit site
....I never got a scratch card in mine.... is that because I'm really sad and get it delivered?

david_e

www.touraine.blogspot.com
You could be on to something here....maybe it's not the publishers who put them in the mags in the first place. Could be that all those teams of Anoraks who block the mag section in Smiths aren't reading them but secretly sliping dodgy scratch cards in!

tonyg

Visit site
Re: well at least its not Spain ...

And it's not Ireland either, or anywhere outside the UK. I thought PBO didn't allow these offers unless applied to all readers ???