WiFi/ phone signal

littledava

Visit site
Good afternoon fellow boaters, I've recently took the plunge and give up my flat to permanently live aboard my boat.
Everything was fine for first 3 monthsusing my hotspot to run my TV and laptop but for some bizarre reason I suddenly have no signal below deck, I'm on o2, and by no signal I mean no phone internet or anything, I'm not very tech savvy but was wondering if there's any sort of booster I could maybe mount above deck to give me signal below.
The boat is ferro concrete if that makes any difference, also I have both shore power and a 12v system aboard .
Any advice would be very much appreciated, cheers, Steve.

Richard10002

Visit site
If it has been working fine for three months or so, it's hard to see how it can be anything to do with the boat, or the way the signal arrives.

Is it possible that O2 have recognised that you are using more than you should, (whatever that is??), and throttled you, or cut you off.

Has a local mast/aerial failed, or been decommissioned?

V1701

Visit site
Hi,

If you've lost the lot, phone included, then it's not your data allowance. Maybe they're doing maintenance on the closest mast or something? Maybe a problem with your sim? Have you rebooted the phone? I don't think they would or could cut you off completely with no warning...

There are 4g signal boosters but by the sounds of it the signal strength isn't the issue...

littledava

Visit site
It's actually working fine now so maybe it was o2 just doing maintenance or something, thanks for the input tho, looking forward to living rest of our lives aboard, hopefully many amazing trips lie ahead for us, me, my daughter and our border collie