Wife Swapping!!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Wife Swapping!!
I was just sat here idley wondering (As you do.) what would happen if we all swapped wives.
Don’t get me wrong, well not unless you want to. But would total chaos ensue, or would it be a case of perfect harmony?

Now one problem I can see is. That we all have different ways of mooring the boat. (Hey you at the back. What did you think I was talking about!)
So would they all run around in different directions or wait patiently for next instruction?

All the electric things are different and even the toilet needs different persuasion on different boats.

So would the now greatly increased distinguished panel please consider and discuss the various
Pitfalls, or even possible benefits of such a scheme.

A special guest appearance of Pauline and Tracey might be helpful in getting a balanced view of things.

Haydn

paulineb

Visit site
Some wives are more experienced than others and have the initiative to follow what's going on and know what's coming next without having to be told. Throwing ropes, repositioning fenders, fendering off etc are essentially the same regardless of what boat you're on. They enjoy being part of the crew, whether taking the helm or taking orders. Others who don't go on the boat very often are therefore in need of GENTLE instructions on what to do and when to do it. Having said that, all of the above can also refer to husbands !

So, as with everything, it depends on how much she enjoys it as to how good she is at it, regardless of who's husband she's with.

Pauline B

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Byron ypu got it wrong as usual.
Sorry about that Pauline now back to you. All agreed. Except the fending off bit. This really eritates me. Folk running round the boat fending off every where. Its just bloody bad driving. You dont run around the car fending off every where and you should'nt need to on a boat.
Fenders are for resting along side the pontoon,quay or other boat. Or used as a cushion to gently push the stern out.
If he has you using them for anything else Pauline. Bash him round the head a few times with it!

Haydn

G

Well I asked SWMBO what she thought of this idea and she's quite definite. No chance. Says it's taken her 27 years to get me trained to an acceptable level and there's no way she's doing that again with someone else's cast off.

oldgit

Visit site
Re: same thing

At least the inflatable won t resort to personal violence /keep you awake by snoring make unreasonable demands on your body or spend money ,sounds a better option to me.

traceyandsteve

Visit site
Couldn't have put it better myself Pauline (although Steve had something altogether different in mind when he read the headline)!

I've never really crewed on somebody else's motor boat but I guess everyone does it differently - some just enjoy it more than others and don't need as much encouragement/coaching.

I'll probably find out more this weekend. We're coming down to Portsmouth to help some friends bring sail their new purchase back to Burnham. It's a Fairline 40 and I'm sure that everything is going to be quite different to our Princess.

Good for a chuckle though.

Tracey

traceyandsteve

Visit site
Re: Fending off

Reminds me of the nightmare we had on the Broads this summer with all those hire boats and (usually - unfortunately) women on the bow pointing the metal end of the boat hooks in our direction!

I was hoarse by the end of that trip.

Tracey