Why would anyone want to spend winter living on a boat?

sailaboutvic

Visit site
One good reason ,
Yesterday I was in the Uk temp3c three layers of clothes , this morning I back on board , sitting out side in my tshirt having my breakfast in 15c blue sky having to wear my cap to kept the sun from my head .

Sandyman

Visit site
One good reason ,
Yesterday I was in the Uk temp3c three layers of clothes , this morning I back on board , sitting out side in my tshirt having my breakfast in 15c blue sky having to wear my cap to kept the sun from my head .

Too hot even for a t-shirt yesterday. How do you survive in 15 C ? :)

RichardS

N/A
Visit site
One good reason ,

Snow today in much of the UK, Vic. Mind you, they've had more snow in Greece and Turkey than we've had in England so far this year.

You got back to Malta just in time. :)

Richard

Sandyman

Visit site
One good reason ,

Spent 5 winters in the UK. Out of necessity rather than choice. About 10 years ago we were in Falmouth during winter. It was below zero & I was bloody freeing. Fully booted & spured dressed for the arctic I took off for the showers / heads. As I passed the RNLI slipway there was an old boy who must have been in his late 80's getting his clobber off revealing a pair of budgie smugglers. He then dived in & went for a swim. I thought death would be preferable :) Guess its what you get used to.

Pasarell

Visit site
I spent Christmas and New Year in NE China with temperatures down to -20C. On days when it wasn't snowing it was bright and clear. With the right clothing it was really rather nice. Came back to Greece over the last 2 days to find Athens all white and didn't have the clothes to suit. It was cold and miserable yesterday but today is back to normal after a cold start. Bright, sunny and about 12C which is more like it!

GHA

Visit site
Winter on a boat - fantastic :cool:

Just don't end up too far north.

CfXRrRa.png

Or....

uLgYr01.jpg

sailaboutvic

Visit site
I spent Christmas and New Year in NE China with temperatures down to -20C. On days when it wasn't snowing it was bright and clear. With the right clothing it was really rather nice. Came back to Greece over the last 2 days to find Athens all white and didn't have the clothes to suit. It was cold and miserable yesterday but today is back to normal after a cold start. Bright, sunny and about 12C which is more like it!

Yes I did see some photo of lefkas and tho , god glade I picked Malta to winter out this year :)

kunyang

Visit site
It's a bit blowey in Cartagena now with a temp of around 12°C. But we had a great guided tour around the city today for us 'liveaboards' for 5 euros a head. Predicted 17°C for tomorrow but looks like the temp will be down next week. It is hell, this life

Mistroma

Greece briefly then Scotland for rest of summer
www.mistroma.com
It's all relative. We managed to escape the dreadfully hot weather in Sardinia (about 13-18C in December) only to find our bit of Scotland was getting about 13-16C during December. Today it suddenly dropped to around 0C during the day so getting a bit of relief to tide us over until we get to Iceland next week.

Hoping to finish all outstanding chores in UK by end of March and then back to the boat. :D:D:D:

ripvan1

Visit site
It's a bit blowey in Cartagena now with a temp of around 12°C. But we had a great guided tour around the city today for us 'liveaboards' for 5 euros a head. Predicted 17°C for tomorrow but looks like the temp will be down next week. It is hell, this life

Is that a regular bus trip yuntang - if so how often, where from and at what times please.
PS: 27 degrees on balcony here in Los Alcazares but chilly at night

geem

Visit site
26degC in the cabin at 0600 this morning in Antigua. Some unusual weather here at the moment with a North wind. Squalls to 30 knots but sun in between at about 28degC. Cant complain