Who wants to go?

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Good to see new names joining the outing.

Don't expect anybody to organise a meal in StVaast and Cherbourg, just sorting out the numbers for one night is more than enough to drive a man to drink.

my tip would be informal and optional in StVaast, then the Yacht Club in Cherbourg again. Tome's previous suggestion of paying in advance makes sense, to sort out the 'definites' from the "maybe, if SWMBO doesnt stop at the last minute" or "we changed our mind"

BrendanS

Visit site
not sure yet. Got some stuff like a wedding I've got to clear off diary, and I'd like to take my own boat over for once, so would be very weather dependent as it's only a little one

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
...but i'll be the youngest there and that put's me of.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's crap - how would you know if you have never been. Apart from Dom's kids - who are bright as buttons - 2 years ago, my son came along at 18. Last year Talbot's son in his early 20's. Both years Flyingjunior came in late teens, early 20's.

Admittedly if BobE attends, the average age goes up significantly, but even he behaves like a kid along with the rest of us.

Besides, somebody has to be the youngest.

So what are you ? Man or mouse?

Visit site
Oi Bren, when you say weather dependent, does thay mean you will only go if f4/5 or above, coz thats what seems to get you going. Or is your taste for extreem starting to wain?
Dont wory you know your a good healer, you even bounce of cliffs quite well.

BrendanS

Visit site
as much as I like the rough stuff, cross channel in a sportsboat does mean that sea state slight with a very good forecast is essential!

I do have the advantage that with smooth conditions, I can be there in under 2 hours! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Lizzie_B

Bermuda since 2017. Formerly Emsworth and Bedford.
Visit site
I would lurve to come if any one can give me a ride as my boat's in Chesapeake Bay (If anyone wants to come for a sail in October/November let me know by the way).

I am good at buying and drinking wine.
Also sail a bit and very easy going - especially when drinking wine.

SWMBO has given me leave of absence for trip!!!

Sans Bateau

Visit site
Anyone looking for a berth, I may have one available. PM with details and I will confirm ASAP.

We would be leaving on FRiday about 4.30.

I see Tom is going the day before this year, oh well, thats one way of beating Galadriel!

waterbuffalo

Visit site
I intend to be there weather etc permitting.
I will probably have a spare berth available on a westerly konsort departing from Southsea marina (Portsmouth) on the Thursday to meet up in St Vaast.