Who is she/towing a tender/where is it/ .... and why do ....???

awol

Visit site
Took this yesterday. Very impressive and that's the tender being towed not a rib trying to catch her! Wash was more mobo sized than most.
WhatBoat1.jpg

And now the "why do" ....
Why do navigation marks creep up on my blind spot? More than once I've been keeping a reasonable look-out, checking under the genoa etc., but still find marks suddenly appearing. Is it because I know they are there and they don't represent a threat or do they contain some magnetic field that draws the boat to them. And before you ask, these are marks with lots of safe water (for a yacht anyway) round them.

graham

Visit site
Do you think they tow the tender because theres no room on board for it? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Our yacht would probably fit in their deck saloon.

cameronke

Visit site
I think I saw her too yesterday therefore the location is The Clyde. I can not place exactly where your shot was taken but I saw her passing Toward Point and was also quite impressed. She was heading for Rothesay/Kyles of Bute.

Cameron

awol

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Wait a minute......................
Is that Dunoon, West Bay in the background??
Do I win a tenner?

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it is with the Gantocks light standing proudly on its rock. As for the tenner - aye that'll be right!

She was on her way out of Kip when I saw her - but who is she? I reckon the Blue Ensign must have been a 5 yarder.

ccscott49

Visit site
Dont know who she is, but what a wonderful schooner!! I tow my tender like that in the meddy, cant be arsed/need double lifts to put it in the davits, need powerful davits for my new tender, heavy devil! One of the to-do jobs!

I would love a vessel like her!! How big is she 70' ?

Rigger

Visit site
Anchored next to her on Saturday night N end of Kyles of Bute. She's called Tigerlily of Cornwall. I think she's private charter. The rib was used to survey the anchorage prior to he coming in. Very impressive, I guess 100' long or so!