Whitlock steering parts.

Allan

Visit site
I need some parts for a Whitlock system. I've tried to contact winch servicing ltd in Emsworth by telephone and email but they are not replying. Does anyone know anywhere else that may sell Whitlock parts?
Allan

geem

Visit site
What are you after? Shafts are standard 49mm splines on 3/4" shafts. UJs are same as car steering columns eg Land Rover. Bearings and seals for gearboxes are readily available from bearing shop

Allan

Visit site
What are you after? Shafts are standard 49mm splines on 3/4" shafts. UJs are same as car steering columns eg Land Rover. Bearings and seals for gearboxes are readily available from bearing shop

I'm after the brake ring and pinion.
Allan

Allan

Visit site
cliff is a one man operation from home and I have found he is not a quick responder to emails but has always replied to phone messages and been really helpful - serviced our binnacle winter just gone

OK, I'll keep trying. I've phoned loads of times and left a couple of messages. I'll still keep looking for an alternative supplier for the parts.
Allan

Ricd

Visit site
I thought all Whitlock production an parts went to Lewmar and effectively lewmar steering gear is Whitlock?

DavidMcMullan

Visit site
Ricd is correct. Lewmar took over Whitlock and still make/sell their binnacles. Aquafax are their distribution agents and have spares. Once you establish the part number you may have to order it through one of their outlets. Check out their website.

andygc

Visit site
I found Lewmar tech support very helpful over both an old Lewmar winch and an equally old Whitlock Cobra steering system. They told me what I needed, the part number, and where to get it. I was able to order it directly from Aquafax.

Technical Support <TSupport@lewmar.com>