White Silk 28-Opinions?

tim

Visit site
Hi,
I considering looking at a White Silk 28, but before I make the journey down South, I'd like to garner a few opinions.
Do you how well they sail, compared to say a Salty Dog, Hunter 27 or Centaur?
Does anyone have a layout plan?
General opinions and history would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

dickhicks

Visit site
Go to jaguar-yachts.info there are some members on their website. Send a message to Laurie Milton and I am sure he will put you in touch with them.

chops

Visit site
hi
delivered bildge keel version back from solent area to north west,over 500 miles passage. not that impressed,it had 20hp engine which was godsend, and a folding 3 blade prop, sailing perfomence was average, i believe this boat is based on the
jaguar 28 and with the asking price of £28500 for this second hand 28 ft yacht
i would have thought you could do better

tim

Visit site
Thanks.
I sail a Salty Dog, which I think is pretty good - I wouldn't want to compromise sailing performance for a few creature comforts.

Do you think the White Silk is not as good as a Salty Dog? (I could do with a 20HP engine though. The 7.5 HP engine on the Dog just isn't enough).
Tim

chops

Visit site
hi
have not sailed a salty dog , so could not make an opinion, i own a oyster 26 which ive had for 4 years,its sailing perfomace is great, and its got the feel of a much bigger yacht,
I often take it to scotland/Ireland and this summer Im going to france,second hand prices between 14000=19000 which was half the price of the white silk

from happy 26 owner