While we're doing boat ID

andyoxon

Visit site
While we\'re doing boat ID

Afternoon all!

Have seen the following boat once or twice per year, up on the Henley reach. Jim Shead says "Elburg", but this doesn't really answer many questions.

She is called "Constant". Around 30' steel contruction, and looks like a scaled down estuary tug, or something similar. My interest is working (and ex working) boats, and i'd love to find out more about her.

Any thoughts / sightings?

Andy

rosssavage

Visit site
Re: While we\'re doing boat ID

Andy, Unfortunately no help whatsover in ID'ing the boat, but I know the one you mean and she is a lovely boat - very well maintained and always clean! I have seen her in Henley for tha last three regatta / festival seasons but seeing as those are the only times I'm usually in the area, have no idea if she is based there.

miket

Visit site

Only a guess but the ex owner of Thames & Kennett marina has a "tug like" boat that he keeps at T&K. Dark blue hull and possibly cream super'. Don't know the name but believe it is either new or fairly new.

boatone

www.tmba.org.uk

[ QUOTE ]

She is called "Constant". Around 30' steel contruction, and looks like a scaled down estuary tug, or something similar. My interest is working (and ex working) boats, and i'd love to find out more about her.

Any thoughts / sightings?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I saw her yesterday moored bankside (Surrey bank) about half a mile below Staines Railway Bridge.

Maybe Gavi could nip down and take a look/ find out more?

Gavi

Visit site

Yes, I recall seeing her as well. Will be down that way either this evening or tomorrow so will let you know if she is still there.

andyoxon

Visit site

Still interested - yes, always spotless, even the rope fendering, which of course looks right on this type of vessel, and finally, she definitely dosn't live on the Henley reach or immediate area.....

a

Doolittle

Visit site

I know she's not called Constant and have no idea what an estuary steel tug looks like either but what the hey...

Not this one is it?

P8040012Small.jpg

P8040011Small.jpg

Atrocious photo's, I think one of my kids had just licked the lens!!!

byron

RIP
Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
I know she's not called Constant and have no idea what an estuary steel tug looks like either but what the hey...

Not this one is it?

[/ QUOTE ]

to my eyes that is one beautiful boat that I'd love to own.

Gavi

Visit site

She's called (RN) Collie. Very nice too. Haven't seen her out and about though.... I see B1 beat me to it /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif