Which Inflatable?

onesea

Visit site
Ok looking for a small, light ish dinghy, capable of carrying 2 adults 2 dogs ashore, so let’s say 300kgs.

In moderate weather, in less moderate weather we accept it will be 2 runs ashore. Alternatively a more sheltered spot found.

We already have a 3m v bottomed dinghy 35kgs plus engine, ideal with 2, one dog each and dinghy in other hand.

However this summer it looks I am going to get sailing time without my good lady. She will join me for weekends and a couple of weeks in the middle.

I will have one dog with me handling a 35kg dinghy is going to be a challenge ashore and onboard.

So thinking rowable and tough enough for dog claws, with inflatable floor and row-able as inflatable can be.
I have seen this one:
Boatworld Round Tail Boat | Boatworld UK
Twin thwarts is attractive.

Suggestions welcomed,

Plum

Visit site
Ok looking for a small, light ish dinghy, capable of carrying 2 adults 2 dogs ashore, so let’s say 300kgs.

In moderate weather, in less moderate weather we accept it will be 2 runs ashore. Alternatively a more sheltered spot found.

We already have a 3m v bottomed dinghy 35kgs plus engine, ideal with 2, one dog each and dinghy in other hand.

However this summer it looks I am going to get sailing time without my good lady. She will join me for weekends and a couple of weeks in the middle.

I will have one dog with me handling a 35kg dinghy is going to be a challenge ashore and onboard.

So thinking rowable and tough enough for dog claws, with inflatable floor and row-able as inflatable can be.
I have seen this one:
Boatworld Round Tail Boat | Boatworld UK
Twin thwarts is attractive.

Suggestions welcomed,
I have been using, for the last 9 years, a WavEco230RS round stern inflatable 2.3m. WavEco 2.3m Roundtail Slatted Floor Inflatable Dinghy

quoted at 23kg. But after I made a lighter thwart (offcuts and glue in stock so cost nothing) and removed one of the floor slats I weighed it as 19kg with the original oars. I have replaced the oars with longer ones so it rows better. I do not use an outboard. i can carry it short distances but I also made a detachable single wheel that makes taking it up a beach or any distance so much easier. Lighter than a "3D Tender" of the same length.

no need for a second thwart as a second person just sits on the aft tube. At that length overall with two thwarts two people would be too close together to row.

Last edited:

lustyd

Visit site
I have the WavEco 230 with transom you can have for £100 if you can collect from Haslar. I found it rowed very well considering the flat bottom.
We changed to an aluminium floor cadet which is heavier but better for cruising so this has been kicking around the garage for a couple of years.

Attachments

• IMG_8398.jpeg
    IMG_8398.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 19

Stemar

Visit site
For going up slipways and beaches, transom wheels are a life changer.

I have something like these. They must be over 10 years old now and, while the "stainless" springs rusted away a good while ago, they're still going strong.

onesea

Visit site
For going up slipways and beaches, transom wheels are a life changer.

I have something like these. They must be over 10 years old now and, while the "stainless" springs rusted away a good while ago, they're still going strong.
Do you mean something like these?
Boatworld Inflatable Boat Launching Wheels | Boatworld UK
Thanks for offers of dinghies, looking at options. Plan to do walk along dinghy pontoon to look at sizes.

@lustyd much will come down to if we think we will fit.

Non of this is helped by out regular dinghy being a 11’ dory so that gives us all the space. The dogs are going to have a steep learning curve.

lustyd

Visit site
@lustyd much will come down to if we think we will fit
You’re welcome to take a look, we should be on board this weekend and happy to inflate. If not someone else has asked but I’ll wait to hear from you first.

Stemar

Visit site
Do you mean something like these?
Boatworld Inflatable Boat Launching Wheels | Boatworld UK
Thanks for offers of dinghies, looking at options. Plan to do walk along dinghy pontoon to look at sizes.

@lustyd much will come down to if we think we will fit.

Non of this is helped by out regular dinghy being a 11’ dory so that gives us all the space. The dogs are going to have a steep learning curve.
Yes, they're the ones. I posted a pic, but don't know what happened to it.

onesea

Visit site
I have a Avon roundtail for sale, not air floor but hypalon so tough enough as I have dogs
Thanks we have considered these but the low freeboard will be problematic and they can be a wet ride when loaded.
You’re welcome to take a look, we should be on board this weekend and happy to inflate. If not someone else has asked but I’ll wait to hear from you first.
Thank you having walked the pontoon, we think 2.3 will be a bit small. Thank you for the kind offer I hope your other interest takes you up and enjoys what’s a bloody good deal.
We are thing 2.5 maybe 2.4 if the right shape.

billyfish

Visit site
I don't know where you are but I changed my avon red crest for a airfloor from Burfield marine in Southampton he had loads to chose from