which forum?

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
should we get everybody to agree to keep the chit chat on this private forum where we all know what's going on, or should we educate the great wide world on Scuttlebutt?

doesnt bother me, but sooner or later somebody is going to ask what the hell we are all talking about..... maybe.

tome

www.google.co.uk
Sorry Nick, what were you talking about?

Suggest we just make the odd reference to the 'private forum' That should get all going nicely especially if we reference the odd witty remark from GC1 and Marian then get a bit worried about their personal hygiene about half way across...

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
don't worry about it Tom, its not really an issue.

I just felt that sooner or later some of the threads on Scuttlebutt will be thought of as cryptic and cliquey if they assume a knowledge of what is going on, which could only have been gained from this forum.

Then the whinging starts, and it gets bloody silly.

Lakesailor

Visit site
I thought Shy_Talk was a better name. Not a judgement you understand, but it was more amusing.
I posted a pic on SB of the crew in the beach bar.
I think people knew they were attempting the crossing and even if they didn't it was just a pic of some forumites.
If Keith opens up the forum it will perhaps be even more divisive with people wanting to know why they were excluded.
perhaps better to start a thread in SB about the voyage or even a new open forum dedicated to it.

Stingo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
If Keith opens up the forum it will perhaps be even more divisive with people wanting to know why they were excluded.

[/ QUOTE ]The reason why it wasn't opened to all was that TCM didn't want the whole world knowing that a boat full of expensive kit was sitting, unoccupied at x-location. Simple and reasonable really.

BlueSkyNick

Visit site
Its Lechwe of Salcombe if you dont mind.

Back in December we were discussing changing it at the time of purchase, but SWMBO was very keen to keep as is. Then on Christmas Day I found out why - she had already bought some whisky glasses with the name engraved thereon!

Sammo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
doesnt bother me, but sooner or later somebody is going to ask what the hell we are all talking about..... maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]

What the hell are you all talking about.....?