Which dinghy for single or 2 man

jontifosi

Visit site
Cheers all, there's lots of useful tips so far.
I'll go to Tudor Sailing Clob (local) and see what's on the notice board and see about joining.

jwilson

Visit site
I think your getting confused with the laser 2 and laser 2000. The laser 2000 is more like a stratos, asymmetric, Wide, non trapeze.

laser 2000

laser 2
The Laser II came in standard "Regatta" and "Fun" versions, on exactly the same hull. The "Fun" had a slightly lower mast and smaller main, and a bolted-on-the-foredeck retractable alloy bowsprit for a small assymetric, that you launched out of the same foredeck chute as for the spinnaker on the standard boat. These predate the Laser 2000, which is a more modern open-transom hull.

Iain C

Visit site
And just to confuse things the Laser 3000 is actually a Laser 2 hull moulding. And that in turn spawned the V3000 by Vandercraft, which is Laser 3000 built properly.

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
I'm with Iain on this one, a 1990 I14 can cost around £400 you get twin wires 32m kite and lots of fun for your £. Yes I did s/h several times and Iains right, without the crew I was motoring in no wind. I took my friends 12 year old and had him trapezing and helming (not at the same time)

I can right it myself, just

Jenaline IV

Live: Farnborough. Sail: Chi, Solent, Poole
Visit site
I am selling my Express Dinghy for relative peanuts. Big enough for 2 yet small enough for one. Quite fast and seaworthy, I have sailed across to the Isle of Wight with enough stores plus tent for a weekend. I have had to make the odd repair here and there where the grp had weakened and the sails although useable are not pretty (could do with a clean). No trailer but I could deliver.