Where to get custom tender straps made - Rapidmarine cant do it

jrudge

Visit site
So it turn our Rapidmarine can no longer make custom strops.

Anyone know who might be able to make a set up?

I made my own using some very expensive high tensile non stretch rope. Just bowlines onto a carabina.

The rope probably has a name but it is made up of hundreds of strands and cutting the i guess 8mm rope took a long time with a stanley knife.

SpottyDog5

Visit site
I am suprised Jez, do you really need a custom product ?
The straps have adjustable buckles (one of their USP's)
As you know, I sold the business some 18 months ago.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
Do you need webbing straps for lifting a dinghy? There's no need to spread the load over more surface area, which is when you'd normally use webbing straps instead of rope. I used plain vanilla 8mm nylon rope and spliced some eyes in, although you could just tie bowlines. I like the fact it stretches a bit, as it reduces shock loading on the fixings when lifting in a swell.

Nick_H

www.ybw-boatsforsale.com
We have an issue with lift height so require something with zero stretch, or as close to it as possible

You could use braided rope then, or if you really want to minimise stretch then dyneema. I think the only reason webbing is used is because it's easier to make adjustable strops. If you want fixed, then I can't see any reason not to use rope.

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
Something to think about is die fast. We had blue straps a few years ago on our Doral, we then had blue stripes on the tender which resisted all attempts to get out. I would go for white if you can find them.

Whitelighter

Visit site
Something to think about is die fast. We had blue straps a few years ago on our Doral, we then had blue stripes on the tender which resisted all attempts to get out. I would go for white if you can find them.

Thanks

These are not for tieing down but for lifting using the crane, so the wont live on the tender.
But good point all the same.

Turns out getting these is not easy

djefabs

Visit site
Thanks

These are not for tieing down but for lifting using the crane, so the wont live on the tender.
But good point all the same.

Turns out getting these is not easy

Jez, these http://www.splicingallied.com/ guys may be able to help. They have made me many lifting devices over the years. will be worth a visit to explain requirement but they are only in Staines.