where to get boat cover fabric

ColinR

www.victoriashadow.co.uk
I need some pieces of boat cover fabric to patch my winter cover. Its thick waterproof fabric, the place that originally made it have gone and I'm looking for some offcuts to reinforce around the stanchions and other places where its wearing. Any suggestions for a helpful cover maker? There are a few online but there's nothing like a recommendation! Thanks.

VicS

Visit site
offcuts. I've ordered some from PointNorth now.
I would have tried Covercare Ltd in Thornham marina for off cuts or even taken the cover to them for a good quality professional repair.

But they are literally within a stones throw of my boat.

Sandy

duckduckgo.com
I need some pieces of boat cover fabric to patch my winter cover. Its thick waterproof fabric, the place that originally made it have gone and I'm looking for some offcuts to reinforce around the stanchions and other places where its wearing. Any suggestions for a helpful cover maker? There are a few online but there's nothing like a recommendation! Thanks.
I just ask my friendly local sail maker.

Martin_J

Visit site
Bear in mind that the acrylic canvas that's used for sprayhoods, sail covers and cockpit tents is great for those purposes and is also very UV resistant.

It is not good in terms of resistance to chafe. What you need in areas subject to chafe is a much more chafe resistant fabric...