Where is everyone

shanemax

Visit site
I am out for a week. I travelled the length of the Orwell and anchored at Trimley marshes. I passed the restaurant boat Allen Gardiner, 2 cruisers 3 yachts and once at anchor and dark the Orwell lady disco boat came by with loades of lights and loud music and the laughter and loud talking of people pissed and enjoying themselves. Talk about passage planning.I had planned Brightlingsea but zero wind so I am not willing to motor all the way.

shanemax

Visit site
How things change so quickly. I got out the front as far as beach end buoy on my way to the Deben and the engine started missing and with no wind to get me out of trouble I have turned back.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230903-134904.png
    Screenshot_20230903-134904.png
    270.4 KB · Views: 18

shanemax

Visit site
I have run my bilge keeler up the beach at Stutton because I don't like working on engines over the water. The tide has about 12 Inc to go and I will be able to step off. Beautiful spot as I am sitting on a sand bar.

The Q

Visit site
I was sailing round in very slow circles on the broads.. sometimes backwards...
1 hour to do about a mile .
Now I'm home about to open a can..

shanemax

Visit site
I was sailing round in very slow circles on the broads.. sometimes backwards...
1 hour to do about a mile .
Now I'm home about to open a can..
Yes. I understand. It was little wind or no wind with the sails just hanging limp.

shanemax

Visit site
I am nearly out of fuel so heading home tomorrow. The engine is still missing badly and yes I have changed the plugs but I think the carb needs to come off.

shanemax

Visit site
Change of plan, heading home tonight after 6 enjoyable days. Now motoring up the Stour as wind on the nose. Hope to be back out Tuesday if the weather stays OK cheers