Where can I buy this wonder stuff!

BarryH

Visit site
I'm looking for a wonder cleaner by the name of Y10 Gel. Its been recommended to me by a few people around the marina, river bank, pub (delete where applicable) for removing stains marks marine growth and the like. I've looked in all the chandlers around poole and get the same blank stare. Or is that just a quirk of Poole chandlers!

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!

Geoffs

Visit site
You can get it in Piplers, Barry, I've bought in there, depending on stock it may go under the name of Pro Marine Hull Magic. All the same stuff, Oxalic Acid I believe.

Not cheap, a 200ml tub about 10 quid, but that's boat products for you. There was discussion on the PBO forum about making it yourself. You can buy oxalic acid from a chemist for pence, the recipe is to mix it with wall paper paste. No one was sure of stengths though, fairly nasty stuff oxalic acid, so I reckon i's better to pay the £££'s to be safe.

Old Chinese proverb 'Man who sail boat into rice field, soon get into paddy'

BarryH

Visit site
Ah yes Piplers. Eyes light up when the wallet comes out. Then don't they all! I'll give them a try at the weekend and see what they've got. I don't fancy the diy route mixing the stuff, not knowing what I'm doing with it.

OK, to hell with it. Unbolt it and we'll use it as an anchor!

adarcy

Visit site
Re: Y 10

I "think" we got it in one of the Alladins chandleries on the Hamble ? the Bursledon bridge one.

It's brill on teak platforms but haven't changed from Silky (from caravan shops) for the glassfibre