Wheel house semi d, 31 to 34ft, shaft options?

tillergirl

Visit site
I think there must be at least three on ybw, you, firefly and me.

She is very nice. Cleaner than Sea Dog. I do fancy the Sabre but I admit I am strangely attached to the Perks 6.354. No issues with the injectors, all back in place. Quite surprised how easy it has been to bleed the whole system. The primary is before the Lift Pump so I have to leave the primary bleed screw tight but with the secondary open it was very easy. Much easier than the Volvo 2030 on TG - and that wasn't difficult.

Oh I do want to cruise at 10/11 kts.

burgundyben

Visit site
She is very nice. Cleaner than Sea Dog. I do fancy the Sabre but I admit I am strangely attached to the Perks 6.354. No issues with the injectors, all back in place. Quite surprised how easy it has been to bleed the whole system. The primary is before the Lift Pump so I have to leave the primary bleed screw tight but with the secondary open it was very easy. Much easier than the Volvo 2030 on TG - and that wasn't difficult.

Oh I do want to cruise at 10/11 kts.

My prop is 18" of pitch, at 2000rpm I was at about 12 or 13 knots, hard to say as the sea state was a bit exciting! 17 knots flat out. Maybe 18 on a good day.

Mine must be a quite a bit lighter than yours with the wing engine and aft cabin.

The 6.354 is a fine engine. Real sweet spot at 1800rpm.

tillergirl

Visit site
Yes agree re the 1800 and the aft cabin. The wing engine - 10hp Yanmar is chocolate teapotery! Very, very nicely installed though. I appreciate good work and it is obviously professionally done. I wonder whether a 20hp Yanmar could be fitted in the space. But a quarter installation doesn't benefit from the full power.

Greg2

Visit site
Hi

Well build and very seakeaping SD trawler Nordic tug 32/34

Nordic Tug - 32 For Sale | | Marinepromoter

NBs
Nice boat.

I remember looking at her online last time she was on the market. We came very close to buying another that was on the market in Scotland for a long time as it was asking too much for the U.K. market but when the price was dropped we travelled to view it. Decided to make an offer but had to wait for our boat to sell and we just missed it as someone got in before us. I really liked it but on balance the accommodation in our Hardy, which we ended up with, is better. Would have liked a Nordic Tug 37 if we could have found one at a price we could afford.

dj43

Visit site
Well...my boy is 6, for various reasons we've not done a great deal of overnight boating, the project boat is a bit stuck, so wanting to do a lot of boating this summer, I bought

IMG-4579.jpg

Mitchell 31 mk1 with a Perkins Sabre M215c.
Congratulations nice boat, you are moored opposite us , had a drive past this morning all looks ok, we came across Saturday so no how lumpy it must have been for you ,

jmnapier

Visit site
Well done Ben, proper boat that. The big cockpit aft is a great feature. I wonder if we could fit a gas turbine….?