What's your fave/most useful gadget for liveaboard?

BurnitBlue

Visit site
For the past two years I have took along my "ear defenders" which I bought to use when mowing the lawn at home.

I use them a lot at night in marinas for a good nights sleep or reading in peace and quite.

Slapping halyards, high winds whistling in the rigging, barking dogs, marina discos and their loud music, other folk drinking and talking in their cockpits, etc.

DecaDance

www.DecaDanceYachtCharter.com
Getting lots of ideas thanks - methinks the credit card will be getting a hammering! Our boat's on its way from La Rochelle now - and she's going to be in the Southampton Boat Show. We're going to stand next to her saying "that's my boat that is" to anyone who goes aboard :D

DecaDance

We've now been living aboard since the 25th October and thanks to all your ideas we've tried just about everything. I bought huge beanbags, and my partner had a hissy fit - until we were several hours off-shore and he realised they were better than a lee-cloth. And now we're in the sun they're great on deck. Thanks guys ;o)

Dior

Visit site
Useful gadget

The Ikea bag is excellent for lockers to keep things together and dry, particularly useful for life jackets and they are very robust for a big shopping day. I also find them useful as a laundry bag.

tudorsailor

zebahdy.blogspot.co.uk
pressure cooker, vacuum sealer, stick blender, good knives, good freezer, good fridge.

2 x Rocna anchors, one electric winch, chartplotter/radar.

SSB/Pactor, Ubiquiti Bullet wifi bridge.

Comfortable mattress and great aft cabin.

The sea, the sky, the wind, and dolphins at the bow.

What make is your vacuum sealer?

TS

Simes

Visit site
The Dickinson Stove

It is the heart of the boat,
Always on (24/7)
Provides all of our hot water
runs 4 1/2 Kw radiators
The boat is always warm and welcoming

We would NOT be with out it.

Simes

Liz_I

Visit site
We've now been living aboard since the 25th October and thanks to all your ideas we've tried just about everything. I bought huge beanbags, and my partner had a hissy fit - until we were several hours off-shore and he realised they were better than a lee-cloth. And now we're in the sun they're great on deck. Thanks guys ;o)

Just don't make a hole in one :O :eek:

Where on earth do you store them? Used to make 'em with 9 cu ft of filling b.i.g..

DecaDance

Just don't make a hole in one :O :eek:

Where on earth do you store them? Used to make 'em with 9 cu ft of filling b.i.g..

They live on deck at the stern of the boat just behind the wheels, and are very comfortable whilst under way (waterproof beachbum bags). If it's too windy we chuck one in the saloon and one on the bed in the forepeak cabin. We found a crew member asleep on one underneath the chart table one particularly bumpy night...

chrisrog

Visit site
yes definatly a pressure cooker
and a small notebook computer so you can take it to a local cafe or mc donalds for free wifi.

Allan

Visit site
Sometime ago I bought a hat. It is made of thick fleece and has a drawstring at the top. On the boat it has four uses:-
1. Hat.
2. Neck warmer.
3. Cosy for the teapot.
4. Cosy for the cafetiere.
Allan