Whats the fastest you have been on a boat?

Offshore57

Visit site
Was she possibly the 42' stored in the yard on the SE corner of the A3024 bridge on the Itchen (can't remember the name)?
That's where my smaller Fountain was when I bought her, and I noticed that beast inside a shelter.
I don't think there are many around, this side of the Pond.

That was the very one. Some time ago now.....2009-2010.. something like that..Used as start boat for the Torquay race that weekend. Awesome weapon,

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
Years ago I had a friend who's dad had a Christina in Lymington, bright yellow cabin. He'd put two old V8 race boat engines in her and I remember shadowing the Cowes Torquay power boat race 1973 or 74. We sat next to them heading out of the Solent at around 55knts. Then I went to sail power where 20knts is still pretty quick.

Neil_Y

www.h4marine.com
124 knots testing a Nortech I had just had the engines out of, you had to slow to 80 knots just to turn! I was ever short of mates wanting to come with me whenever I had to test the two Nortechs I looked after, one with 2 x 800 hp V8 supercharged engines, the other with 2 x 1200 hp V8 supercharged engines, fortunately it wasn’t me paying for the fuel!
That kind of trumps everything else here! must have been quite bumpy?

jim.howes

Visit site
How old were the boats you worked on and are they still built by BAE? Awesome looking boat.
Hi Mr B we had them from new and I must have worked on them for something like 9 years before I left Halmatic . We did a mid life refit when one of them was 7 years old, we took it back to a bare shell and did a total rebuild saving something like 600kgs on its original weight. After I left Halmatic I lost track of the boats but I did discover that both boats had been mashed by the mod so no longer exist. There were 2 others built by Halmatic but that is another story.
How old were the boats you worked on and are they still built by BAE? Awesome looking boat.

Reactions: MrB