What yer get fer Xmas?

FairweatherDave

Visit site
Seriously...I got a gas detection system.....NASA......nothing to do with brussel sprouts promise.

More exciting I got the Shokz bone conduction headphones so I can do the comms with my wife on helm as we park the boat without shouting..... (they do not obstruct the ear canal),,,,,, having tested them out walking through some noisy places I will say that my hearing aids needed turning off (or down) as the noise going in via my ears overwhelmed the headphones. But once hearing aids switched off the clarity was excellent. This review is a work in progress as I also discovered I can tamper with my android phone sound settings and boost certain frequencies to my needs.

Finally my most fun was had when I wandered into the garden with a rope.....a rope I intend to use as my midship line for lasooing cleats. Put a watering can about 10 feet away and was reliably getting round the target. Don't want to tempt fate when off the side of the boat and with stanchions and guard rails and stress but lasooing felt a lot of fun. Could have kept at it for hours like a 10 year old but had to go for a family walk.....

Anyone else enjoy boat related pressies:)?

Kelpie

Visit site
My son got me a little puck-shaped LED light, with a sucker on the base. Our cockpit light died mid way through a Christmas Eve dinner party and he persuaded me to open it a few hours early, so that we could stick it to the underside of the bimini and carry on with our meal. Saved the day!

rotrax

Visit site
First Mate and I got a new and bit bigger telly for Christmas. The way our living room is set out she was having trouble with reading the tower giving the situation during MotoGP races. The new tech screen has fixed this, plus the sound is improved.

Our best friends Den and Susie were married some long time ago, I was the best man. Traditionally, we buy humerous presents for each other. Their wedding was no exeption. I found, on the Internet, a " Tesco Value Wedding Card". That is what they got, in addition to a nice pressie, of course.

They say what goes around, comes around.

At our regular monthly meal meet we exchanged Christmas Presents.They got an Airport Sign derived doormat with 'Arrivals' and the arrow on one half and 'Departures' and the contrasting arrow on the other. Relevant as they are always tripping around.

I got a Tee Shirt with 'Tesco Value' on the front, First mate a re-usable shopping bag with the same logo.

As Susie handed them over she said "Gotcha!" :cool:

Snowgoose-1

Visit site
Took the plunge in ordering from wife once of those electronic logs. I measured the current through hull transducer width which is the same as the electronic one. (50mm). Hopefully straight forward to install.

Bouba

Visit site
I also have an extra prezzie waiting in the mailbox .,,a set of brushes for the bow thruster …although I look forward to them, they represent a lot of work in tight awkward spaces