What would you do to Jet Skiers ?

G

Need I say more ?????

Seems we are not the only people to not like Jet Skiers ..... check out Motor Boat Forum .... Mr. B is p****** off

Well anyway .... what do you think of them , and what can we do about it ?

Boatman

Visit site
The Swiss banned them full stop, Spanish are wondering what to do after 5 deaths in the 1st 2 weeks of August as a result of Jet Skis.

Grehan

www.french-waterways.com
Jetskis

Langstone entrance - and further out - is a-buzz with them most of the time, even in pretty choppy conditions (as long as the sun is shining . . .). Forgive my French but the poor blighters that drive them must receive terrible bruising to their wrists, their bums and their bollocks.

They're admittedly an irritation every time one comes and goes and provide old farts like me a useful excuse to huff and puff. But I was young once (sad old git . . ) and screamed around on my Lambretta LI150 I guess for similar reasons. I find that BMW drivers in the fast lane on the M27 come from the same mould. (I just can't keep up with the buggers)

Yeah, look hard enough and practically everything nowadays is too loud, too crowded, too cheap and nasty. McDonalds . . .!!!!! Bloody Yanks!!!!! Aaaaarrrggghhh!!!
Don't laugh, this is actually True.

I suppose my real concern has more to do who's driving and who they're carrying.

Quite a number are not teenage hooligans, but rather middle aged dad hooligans. With their small sons perched on the saddle between daddy's knees. A quarter of a mile out, going flat out. And neither of them is wearing any kind of floatation device.

Wean them onto high-performance go-faster pedalos?
Start a rumour that Jetskis cause cancer of the penis?
What about a awareness-raising campaign fronted by Posh and Becks?

PS
Wasn't Jetski one of the villains in the Man from U.N.C.L.E ?

G

Not All Bad

A friend of mine in a SeaWitch was swept under Kingsferry Bridge in the Swale last week and broke the mast. The local jet skiers were very helpful, they towed her away from the bridge and helped tidy up the wreckage. So they aren't all bad.

G

Re: Not All Bad

NO I know and I aplaud that they have really done a good job. The funny thing is, probably at any other time they themselves are ones complained about .... such is life !

G

Re: Jetskis

Now that brings back memories .......

My first Lambo was a TV175 ..... stripped to just wheels and frame !
Second was a GT225 .... ancilotti carb, ancilotti seat etc. etc. Ended up being raced by a young lad from the South for a well-known Motor-cycle Shop chain !

Anyway, I know the langstone channel well, having been tidal moored there for years .... I didn't mind so much if they kept around the pub, as they were supposed to do, but they used to venture through the moorings up=harbour etc. Their favorite trick appeared to be full throttle up through Tudor moorings and then under Eastern Road bridge, hard turn on side and back under bridge again and back to the pub.

G

This is a serious DEBATE !!!!!

Has the S.O got a holding tank ????

iangrant

Visit site
Oh yes, two holding tanks - one at the front and one at the back, left hand and right hand sides!! Manual pump out into path of PWC's
Ian

KevB

Visit site
RYA introduced training for Jet Skiers about three years ago, this training was to become compulsory and the jets ski association said fine but don't single us out what about the other marine leisure users? That's when the yotties started throwing their toys out of their prams with the end result no compolsory training. You only have yourselves to blame.

Most Jet skiers are in favour of this training and rightly so when you consider a standard jet ski accelerates from 0-50MPH in about 4 seconds and can turn on a dime easily throwing the untrained into the water.

So lets bring in compulsory training for all ah? No thought not....

Anyway Dinghy users are far more annoying than Jet Ski's, at least Jet Skiers are aware of other water users and don't think they own the "road".

peterg

Visit site
start a rumour!

you can happily spread the information that it can cause Tennis Elbow as I know this from personal experience from a few years back in Crete - I can only assume that the sweat/suntan oil made me grip the handlebars too hard (bloody good fun in the sun though.....oops, sorry got carried away a bit there)- BTW my G.P. says only about 1 in a 100 cases are actually caused by tennis!

Colinh

Visit site
Prior to the August Bank Holiday, I was of the opinion that all people who sat on PWC's did so to demonstrate their mental defectiveness. Big surprise come the Bank Holiday.

When sailing up the entrance channel to Porth Madog in North Wales, one is guided though the bar by a series of buoys. All around us the shallow water was being used by PWCs. Dashing one way or another. But none of them got in the way of boats in the channel, which is more than can be said about a stupid b****y great power boat, registered in London, that blasted it's way past us. When the occasional PWC passed by, it did so at a sensible distance.

The estuary is very wide, and there is more than enough room for dozens of PWCs. And there were dozens of them, all being used with common sense and courtesy. One result was a very surprised yachtsman - me - who usualy hates the b**gg**s, and suddenly had no reason to complain about them.

I found out from a man on the town quay at Porth Madog that the Council only allow PWCs onto the beach if the owners can show they are insured. No competency tests, no examiniatons. just a check that the people had thought about insurance.

Well done Porth Madog Council.

Colin H.

G

I reckon they all should be rounded up. 180 lb fishing line attatched to their nether regions and let them all loose at once. it should be a interesting experience for those who have suffered the unwanted wash from these ill designed vessels called jet ski!s