What Tender Size For Fairline T38

rich2925

Visit site
I now need to purchase a tender and am wondering what is the maximum size I can have, the Beam is 3.65m but I think the maximum may be 2.7 /2.9m

The dinghy will sit on Chocks on the Bathing Platform and will be lifted using the Passarelle.

I have looked at both the Excel Voyager 290 and the Zodiac Cadet270 or 300 at a push, any thought or suggestions would be appreciated.

timv

Visit site
I bought a 2.7 Honwave for the bathing platform on my Phantom 38 which is fine if we moor port side to for the transom gate.

Step1

Visit site
We've got a Zodiac 230 with a 4hp outboard. Sits on Hurley Davits on the bathing platform. I wanted something that would sit on the bathing platform and still be able to access the boat from either port or starboard when mooring up. We can do this with the 230 and still get two adults and two small kids on. Ideal for pootling around a marina, up the Hamble or getting to the beach in a cove but no further. Anything bigger you start to have compromises though, because of the space it takes up and the weight of the larger engine you'll need to push it. Although Yamaha do a 6hp for the same weight as the 4.