What make is my boat?

Lundyjack_

Visit site
I have a 17.5ft boat called Ventura. I don't know the age, make of the boat. It's history etc.
Not sure if the original name was Ventura as the name had faded away and I could only see the letters Ventu.
Any thoughts on the make?
my-drive

Tranona

Visit site
Doubt you will ever find out who made it. Probably home built based on a GRP hull moulding. This was very common in the 70s and 80s when you could buy mouldings and finish off yourself. There were no regulation and no requirement to identify either the design or the manufacturer.

Lundyjack_

Visit site
Doubt you will ever find out who made it. Probably home built based on a GRP hull moulding. This was very common in the 70s and 80s when you could buy mouldings and finish off yourself. There were no regulation and no requirement to identify either the design or the manufacturer.

Yeah I know this is an old boat. It's been out across Bideford Bar a few times to go all the way to Hartland.

Tranona

Visit site
No reason why it should not do that kind of thing. The basic hull form is widely used as an inshore fishing boat. The mould for the hull was probably taken originally from a wooden workboat.