What magazine do you read?

Romeo

Visit site
This old forum used to be based around Classic Boat but no more, so I guess we can assess where to get our paper based boat fix.

So should I spend my hard earned cash on Wooden Boat, Water Craft, or Classic Boat. Or any others for that matter.

Tranona

Visit site
This old forum used to be based around Classic Boat but no more, so I guess we can assess where to get our paper based boat fix.

So should I spend my hard earned cash on Wooden Boat, Water Craft, or Classic Boat. Or any others for that matter.

Those 3 are all very different. Arguably the least relevant to "ordinary" boaters is CB which has moved a long way from the original format with its emphasis on big boats, regattas and the US market. WB is US oriented obviously but perhaps addresses the wider range. WC has remained very true to the small boat home builder audience.

Personally I would like to see the "old" CB back!

jerrytug

N/A
Visit site
Those 3 are all very different. Arguably the least relevant to "ordinary" boaters is CB...

Personally I would like to see the "old" CB back!

Yes I was kindly given some boxes of 20+ yr old CB's by a forum contributor, and they are full of practical advice and inspiration, gold dust.

ianc1200

Visit site
The Boatman was Pete Greenfield's magazine when he left CB, and was just as good if not better than the early CB's. I believe I have a complete run and often will find very useful articles. "Small Boat Journal" is a good read as well.

Romeo

Visit site
I do still have CB # 1 to 24 in Ring Binders. Wonderful reading, and I love the adverts. If a new one is being prepped is it going to be for the likes of me, with plenty of working boats and small boats and the occasional desirable but unnafordable , or is it going to be aimed at the coffee table market like CB has become?

Other threads that may be of interest