what is it with wives?

byron

RIP
Visit site
Many years ago I used to berth next to a Broom Continental who's owner was a WW2 Figher ace. He was also one of the first pilots to fly a Spitfire from Ark Royal to relieve Malta. In addition he became the first Pilot flying the Vulcan on active service.
His wife would never cross the channel with him unless another boat was in company, not because she feared engine failure or anything else, it was because she didn't trust him. When I tackled her about this she stated "The RAF didn't know him like I do, if they did they wouldn't have trusted him driving a hoover"

©2001

paulineb

Visit site
It's a well known fact that men cannot multi-task. Therefore it stands to reason that if he was a WW2 ace fighter pilot, then that's where his skills lie and he's not going to be able to do much else. It's not his fault, it's just a well known medical fact that multi-tasking is beyond a man's capability ;-)

Pauline B

BarryD

Visit site
6 years ago - me "Why don't we get a power cruiser?" - wife "No, expensive"
5 years ago - "How about a boating holiday - Broads?" - "No vey boring "
4 years ago - "Fancy a Med cruise - sailing boats, red wine?" - "No funny food, sea-sick"
3 years ago - "Cruise?" - "Forget it too pregnant"
2 years ago - "Err." - "Forget it, Brads too young"
1 year ago - "How about a PO Cruise?, fine wine etc.." - "Were moving house" "We are?!?"
This year.....
Wife - "I've just been on a smashing boat, a four berth power cruiser, 24 kts, it was great fun, well apart from the fact it broke down. Why don't we have something like that? Forget your flying, get a boat, cheaper than a plane. Sort it out. Be great for all of us"
Me "Er hello YBW.COM, newbie here....."

Barry D.

duncan

Visit site
multi tasking is doing things at the same time - and flying a plane and driving a boat at the same time woud be tough even for a a woman.
Agree the principle - disagree the application!

? who is being irrational - the RAF of his wife.....

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Re: Well It\'s Like This!!

I have a similar problem with this trust thing. Women seem to have a different understanding of the word than us mere mortals.
But slightly changing the subject.
A few years ago we were holed up by the weather in Carlingford Lock Ireland. After two days there and the weather was still no better. (Well My opinion). The wife says. “That’s enough lets go”. Like. We’ve done the customary wait for a few days so now we can go!!
Course I looks at the sea and then thinks. “Well if the wife thinks its ok, then it must be.
On the way bouncing out of the river I asked her a number of times if she was ok and should we turn back. Hopping that she’d say yes. But no she was adamant we had to go on!
At the time we had an old Princess 33. Yes the one with a flat bottom.
The outdrives would have been better fitted with aeroplane props for the time they spent in the water.
When we finally made Strangford. She cursed and swore and gave me hell cos of the ruff sea and hated the fact that I’d managed to keep my head together bouncing around in all the crap. Course she interprets that into, I actually like ruff seas so I get even more shit!!

Maybe we should have a nervous breakdown after the bad trips and send for a few doctors in order to get more sympathetic treatment from the wife. Course then we’d be wimps and they’d run off with the nearest builder with a hairy bum!!

Haydn

jollyjacktar

Visit site
\"Terror Firmer\"

I think that his wife is frightened and fears the unknown. A normal human reaction. Perhaps like my own wife, she has a lot of sea miles to catch up upon and as a consequence stays at home. I do not know how to overcome this and perhaps it is a fault in my ability to relate. I am still searching for a remedy. Or maybe she just hates the sea as much as I hate the land. The solution is the solution.

ccscott49

Visit site
Easy! Divorce, or stay single, benefits, cheaper, quieter, buy anything you want, sail when you want, just have to pay for nookie now and again.

ChrisP

Visit site
Now Pauline no porkies. I've seen Mr B driving the boat checking the plot and serving you with a combination of bacon sandwiches and a G&T all whilst looking out for the Newhaven ferry. Which bit of his multi tasking was failing then?

ChrisP

Bergman

Visit site
The problem is we can only have one.

This of course gives them a monopoly which they exploit ruthlessly.

With three or four on hand there would be competition to please the lord and master.

Judicious application of divide and rule would keep them all up to scratch.

Which way is Mecca?