What Have I forgotten?

G

Having the boat taken out of the water next week for the winter.

Changed the oil and added Molyslip. Changed the air filters and added silca gel capsules in the inlets. Topped up the batteries and added an intelligent charger. Filled the fuel tanks and added Solly. Refilled the cooling system and added antifreeze. Drained and flushed the water system with added Milton fluid. Changed the air filters in the loo and added air freshener. Washed the hull and added a wax to the water and a coat of polish, with added Teflon. Got a boat cover ready and an added tarpaulin. Fitted two heaters and added a dehumidifier. Checked the alarm and added a PIR. Washed the flower arrangement and added a deodorant.

Apart from changing the name to Addedit, what have I missed?

jfm

Visit site
Re: nowt at all?

We all know you're trying to sell it, so this is a blag, you're pretending to be "one careful owner" when in fact you've just added a bit of marmite to the engine oil and chucked a bucket of freshwater at the hull?

Alternatively if it's not bolx, looks like you did everything except shrinkwrapping it. In fact your post reminds me of the story a few years back about the guy who loved his minimetro so much that he.....erm well never mind but it involved the exhaust pipe.

Seriously...what about gearbox oil in sterndrives, grease steering/trim nipples (I suppose do those after lift out), rinse anchor chain in freshwater.

longjohnsilver

Visit site
Re: nowt at all?

You've forgotten the most important bit - the laying up party.
Make sure you tell us where and when. It can't be the same time as BarryD!!!!

hlb

RIP
Visit site
The Vital Spark!!

Yuv totaly missed the most important bit Colin.
Leave it in the water so you can still sail around.
And what you going to do if some body comes to see it??
OOH yes thats it under that mouldy looking tarpolian with the tyres holding it down!! EERRR well I'll just give it a miss thanks.
Then theres the Christmas cruise and the new year cruise to think about.
EERRRR. The week when th-wife chucks you out. That needs thinking about.
Also the week when you get pissed off with er indoors and the kids and just need to chill out somewhere.
Where you goin to go Colin.
Lets face it yuv muffed it again Colin.

Now mines nicely moored up in a nice new sheltered spot with the midifier going full belt, all ready to welcome me again when the stresses of life without boat gets unbearable.
(Only left it on Thursday and the pangs are setting in).
I'm having nightmares about the three or four days its going to be out of the water next spring. Just think, I might get an attack of boat feaver just at the same time and need drying out!!

Haydn

Strathglass

Visit site
Are you indirectly cooled? remove impeller.
Do you need to drain the exhaust?.
Do you need to drain the cold/hot water system, empty calofier?. Depends where you are in the country and what country.

G

Re: he\'s soldit annee?

so what now?

Mind you, why anyone adds expensive molslip to an engine thiv sold?

G

Not yet, still on tut market.

So tell us all about Greece then. we're waiting with baited breath. Repositioning the Leopard? Bet Lucas enjoyed actually going abroad for a change, rather than to rotten old SofF, yawn yawn.

Byron wants to know if it's as good as Turkey. Apparantly he's going there next year in his boat, once he's had the torpedo tubes rebored.

G

Wot, you think that Additoff is better name than Aquaholic? Bound to sell now.

I will tell you all about it when I am back, but meanwhile I am in a bar in Greece and the Internet charges are absolutley er... 1pound fifty an hour.

The kids remian confused as to where "abroad" is, assuming that since everyone else goes ooh ah ABROAD, but we pick them up from school and bang down to the boat that used to be in England, altho the weather has picked up.... then that can't be abroad, can it?