What do you like about the new look forums?

V1701

Visit site
I think autosave if you're making a post of any length is brilliant, lost lots of posts before and often can't be bothered retyping the whole thing if I've forgotten to copy it all before posting...:)

aquaholic

Visit site
I like that the forum has now been brought up to date, very user friendly, not sure i like the colouring though, difficult to read.

Seajet

Visit site
The ability to post pictures from ones' computer seems good, but will take a lot of getting used to and seems to be limited size wise.

The ' update ' overall is indeed carp.

haydude

Visit site
There is nothing that I like.
The android app ceased to work because of it.
There is extensive use of JavaScript that freezes often.
Links to articles must be clicked three four times before they finally work.
The screen is cluttered with useless features and thus more scrolling is required to read a thread.

Simple is better. Think about google and what determined its success. Look at their home page and compare it with those of their competitors.

Adding features that might not work on all flavours of browsers and platforms alienates a good percentage of your users/customers base.

Treasure the advice. Companies normally pay good sums to get it from professionals.

VicS

Visit site
The ability to post pictures from ones' computer seems good, but will take a lot of getting used to and seems to be limited size wise.

The ' update ' overall is indeed carp.

This is just an easy alternative way of posting attachments AFAICS. They go into your file of attachments I guess the same size and number limits will apply, unless they have been increased.

I have yet to discover a way of reusing attachments that have already been uploaded except by linking to the full sized image.

I thought it was great idea at first... not so sure now.

VicS

Visit site
I like the "top" button. It may have been there before, but I never saw it.

No it wasn't AFAICR, but there was "Go" button which if just clicked would take you back to the index of the same forum. I found that useful. I find navigating the new set up more difficult. I seem to have to return to the breadcrumb trail now

D

Deleted member 36384

The IPC Blue Skin has done the trick and I quite like it now. The autosave is good as has been mentioned.

Stork_III

Visit site
This is just an easy alternative way of posting attachments AFAICS. They go into your file of attachments I guess the same size and number limits will apply, unless they have been increased.

I have yet to discover a way of reusing attachments that have already been uploaded except by linking to the full sized image.

I thought it was great idea at first... not so sure now.

Testing this. In Advanced, Manage Attachments, drag you previous pic into bottom box.

Yep, that works

Last edited:

EuanMcKenzie

Visit site
I think the whole presentation is much clearer

I see no real issues with it. Obviously it is different and some folk just hate change and resist it with irrational venom, but i have no issues with it. Wouldn't say I do sophisticated things on line but to me its fine.