What car is your boat?

auditdata

www.sephina.org
Apologies for my initial reaction, this has turned out to be a great thread. I have a genuine reason for reacting the way I did but won't hijack further.

Friends for ever? :encouragement:
:) Of course you old softie, although I did speculate that looking at the wake on your profile picture you probably had a Subaru Impreza with the extra body kit!!!! If it's a Bugatti Veyron then you are right to keep shtum!
Enjoy
:) :) :) :)
Clive

Bru

svpagan.blogspot.com
VandenPlas 1300? - small, well built, and very British.

Hmm, at least you avoided the horror that was the Rover 1.4 Vanden Plas. That would not be good 'cos the one I got saddled with (saddled - Sadler ... geddit? Never mind ...) leaked like a sieve. Good job it had leather upholstery 'cos by the time the windows had leaked, the sunroof had leaked, the door seals had leaked and so on it was usually drier on the outside than the inside. I've had Series Landies that were more watertight than that piece of carp!

Hmm, at least you avoided the horror that was the Rover 1.4 Vanden Plas. That would not be good 'cos the one I got saddled with (saddled - Sadler ... geddit? Never mind ...) leaked like a sieve. Good job it had leather upholstery 'cos by the time the windows had leaked, the sunroof had leaked, the door seals had leaked and so on it was usually drier on the outside than the inside. I've had Series Landies that were more watertight than that piece of carp!

My father had a "Princess R" in the '60's. I used to run it up to Edinburgh where my brother who was incarcerated at a posh school.
It went like s**t off a shovel and I enjoyed giving sports car owners the victory sign at traffic lights and then burning them off.

Similar memories of start lines in Int. 14 Open Meetings. "Eat my transom".

ChrisRayner

Visit site
Arthur Ransome famously referred to his Laurent Giles ketch, Peter Duck, as the nautical equivalent of a Bath chair. I like to think that our Hunter Pilot 27 is an updated version, more like a nautical mobility tricycle. Roller reefing jib, steering from below decks if you want, slab reefing from the cockpit, all mod cons. Ver' civilised.

Tomahawk

Visit site
Small 1930s design, with bags of character and a distinctive exhaust note. However progress is very sedate, and its not too good round corners.

It's got to be an Austin Chummy.

austin-7-chummy_9891.jpg

My parents have got one… it needs a lot of work

Highndry

Visit site
I had a Volvo 340 for a few weeks - it was the WORST handling car I have ever owned. And my teenage son refused to be seen in it. So yes, v similar to an Etap.........

I had one of those as a company car for a while. Far less exciting than the Renault 5 Turbo that replaced it though. I rolled that. :eek:

As for a car to compare to my Medina? Probably my very first car, a Morris 1300GT. Less rust though.