What car is your boat?

mawm

Visit site
VW Beetle 1100. Old and slow but will get you there. There are many still around and are often the first boat for young couples with small kids. The Compass yachts Herreshoff 28 is the Volksboot.

Tomahawk

Visit site
The Froggies don't make decent sports cars so I have to choose an English marque.

Tomahawk would be a Jenson Intercepter
Slightly heavy,
cramped and not too comfortable with minimum usable space
somewhat impratical
but goes like the clappers
and looks very pretty.

Bobc

Visit site
Well, it's German and there are loads of this make about (so a VW), but it's a big one, and there aren't that many big eones about, so I guess it would have to be a VW Phaeton.

On reflection, a Phaeton's far too posh. This is probably more like it...

vw-slidelong-1.jpg

judith

Visit site
This is a funny thread! We have an Etap 26 - Belgian. Don't know that many Belgian cars, but a Volvo 340 springs to mind. Slow, small, rather ugly but quite reliable and safe. My husband is suggesting a DAF, which is just as fast in reverse as going forwards, which is rather apt here in the Bristol Channel on days with no wind... ;)

seumask

Visit site
Do bilge Keelers count as Land rovers? You can park them pretty much anywhere, good for exploring the margins of the fin keel's world, and some of them have fairly powerful engine's but most don't!

westhinder

Visit site
This is a funny thread! We have an Etap 26 - Belgian. Don't know that many Belgian cars, but a Volvo 340 springs to mind. Slow, small, rather ugly but quite reliable and safe. My husband is suggesting a DAF, which is just as fast in reverse as going forwards, which is rather apt here in the Bristol Channel on days with no wind... ;)

IIRC DAF was taken over by Volvo and the last DAF model was rebadged as a Volvo

pagoda

Visit site
33' and French - a 2Cv I guess!

Mine is French also, but I think they make better boats than cars (thank goodness). Japanese engine, so a French kit car then:D ?

Elder son had a Xsara for a while, nightmare material. I've driven German cars for 37years, with few regrets.

Resolution

Visit site

I had a Volvo 340 for a few weeks - it was the WORST handling car I have ever owned. And my teenage son refused to be seen in it. So yes, v similar to an Etap.........

ronsurf

Visit site
I had a Volvo 340 for a few weeks - it was the WORST handling car I have ever owned. And my teenage son refused to be seen in it. So yes, v similar to an Etap.........

I was given a 340 - it had flames painted on it down one side. Luckily it was the passenger side. GF was NOT impressed. Apart from that it was a POS.

I have a Corribee. Must be the nautical equivalent of a Fiat 500 from 1976. Small slow and cramped, but everyone has a soft spot for it.