what can i use this for?

little shack

Visit site
just agreed on purchase of first boat a motorsailer sweet.My question is the boat comes with a brand new 0.95 kw generator haven't spoke to the vender as I'm dealing with the broker at the moment and he didn't no is this generator a suitable to run the 240 supply and or charge the batteries if they were to become flat for any reason and what other things could it be used for on a boat.:D

prv

Visit site
Can probably do either of those, but bear in mind that 950w is not really very big as generators go. I have a 2400w one for working in the yard, and switching on my Henry hoover is sometimes enough load to stall it.

A useful thing, to be sure, but don't expect miracles.

Is it built-in, or a portable one? Petrol (2 or 4 stroke?) or diesel?

Pete

Searush

back2bikes.org.uk
It will charge your batteries & might run a small electric drill OR a laptop, but that's about it. Each item you connect must be under 950w & the total connected must not exceed 950w - that's less than a kilowatt. In addition, that may be a max power, so the consistent safe draw may be as low as 600w.

It could be usefull for annoying the neighbours in a marina or anchorage.

little shack

Visit site
4 stroke and is a stand alone i did think it was quite small for tools and was probably in case the batteries went flat it has 3 80 amp bats 1 engine 2 lesiure and is split with a dial to denote which is in use cheers for your answers