What are rudders for?

Avocet

Visit site
Sorry everyone, but I just HAD to post this!

Recently, our six year old was watching some cows going in to be milked and was commenting on their udders. Mrs. Avocet explained the function of said appendages.

Some days later, I was applying some epoxy to Avocet's rudder in the garage. Our daughter (being the inquisitive young lass that she is) was full of questions - the main one being "what's that thing daddy?" I told her that it was Avocet's rudder. After a few minutes thought, she asked. "Is that what boats feed their babies with?"...

...It took me a while to cotton-on!

<hr width=100% size=1>

MASH

N/A
Visit site
For heaven's sake call the things your dinghy's oars pivot on "thole pins..."

Or you'll be sorreeee!

<hr width=100% size=1>

G

Kids NEVER forget !!

the innocence and humour of kids is worth every bit .....

There's a comedian that used to do set of sketches where he and a lass are dressed up as toddlers .... Harry Enfield ? The scripts were gems - as they really had toddlers of to a tee .... not so easy for an adult to do !! Poor Lulu !!

<hr width=100% size=1>Nigel ... and of course Yahoo groups :
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gps-navigator/

mirabriani

Visit site
Reminds me of the crowed bus. A young mother with small child. She had been explaining all about birth signs to said toddler. At the quietest moment the childs voice comes over loud and clear "Mummy are you a virgin?"
Interesting to observe fellow passengers waiting expectantly to see how mummy deals with the question!
Regards Briani

<hr width=100% size=1>

Manos_Greece

www.sailingboatefaki.gr
Recently my three years old daughter was asking about boys and men, girls and women. My wife after explaining, continued with how childrens are born and all the relevant things... To her amazement the question she received imediately was: and why did you choose me to be born? Thanks god she thought enough before answering what could be either a cause for child psychological problems or a new starting point for more ...dificult questions: because my baby you were the most beautiful, clever, and....

<hr width=100% size=1>Manos From Greece
S/Y Efaki, Mirage 28
www.sailingboatefaki.gr

Spuddy

Visit site
a shock to work out how many years ago - but my oldest at about 3 asked for a "cold" apple. The reasoning was that he'd tried out an apple which mum told him was a cooking apple, which he'd associated with hot and so the...........etc.
I feel SO old spuddy

<hr width=100% size=1>

MedMan

teall.name
I was taking a shower in a marina in France when a Dad came into the cubicle next door with a yougster. Their conversation was animated whilst he explained to his son how to control the flow of water and the importance of shampooing his hair but went suddenly quiet when the son asked in a shrill voice: "Daddy - why are you putting soap on your willy?" The cubicle was still occupied when I left - and still quiet. Perhaps he sneaked away at 0300 when the coast was clear - perhaps he's still there!

<hr width=100% size=1><A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.yachtretreat.com>http://www.yachtretreat.com</A>

richardandtracy

Visit site
I had something like this happen to me when on a bus safari around Iceland. There were seven nationalities on the bus, and our common language was English. I had the good fortune to sit next to a rather beautiful Slovak girl. English was her fourth language.
Anyway, in a lull in conversation she declared she was a 'Virgin' and asked what I was. It's amazing how fast a bus full of 20 people can go quiet..

Regards

Richard.

<hr width=100% size=1>