Westerly Corsair v Moody 37?

Tranona

Visit site
This is a forum, posts are not an exercise in composition, join the modern World.

However they are totally useless if nobody can understand what you are talking about as in this case.

The modern world still depends on people communicating clearly with each other, not just throwing words on a page and hoping somehow others can pick out what is going on in your mind.

alant

Visit site
However they are totally useless if nobody can understand what you are talking about as in this case.

The modern world still depends on people communicating clearly with each other, not just throwing words on a page and hoping somehow others can pick out what is going on in your mind.

Well, people like jonic et al replied, so why don't you understand?

Tranona

Visit site
Well, people like jonic et al replied, so why don't you understand?

Yes, but his reply did not answer your question. Just said he had owned a Corsair and a Moody 38 (which you had not asked about) and was happy with both. There is no "et al" unless you include the original from Kelpie, which also did not really answer your question, and my attempt at guessing what you were after.

You specifically asked if opinions had "mellowed or changed" since some indeterminate time in the past. Yet you cannot tell us when that was, nor what the opinions were, nor whether you want the same people to answer or a new set of opinions. Equally without knowing what you want the opinions to be about - such as colour of curtains or amount of elbow clearance in the loo, or any other feature of the boats how is one going to offer anything useful?

Your second attempt is even more laughable Corsair v Moody. Is this a football match or a match race around an Americas cup course?

Now you might see why it is so important to be clear about what you want to know and you can only do this by arranging your thoughts into sentences that others can understand.

Last edited:

alant

Visit site
Yes, but his reply did not answer your question. Just said he had owned a Corsair and a Moody 38 (which you had not asked about) and was happy with both. There is no "et al" unless you include the original from Kelpie, which also did not really answer your question, and my attempt at guessing what you were after.

You specifically asked if opinions had "mellowed or changed" since some indeterminate time in the past. Yet you cannot tell us when that was, nor what the opinions were, nor whether you want the same people to answer or a new set of opinions. Equally without knowing what you want the opinions to be about - such as colour of curtains or amount of elbow clearance in the loo, or any other feature of the boats how is one going to offer anything useful?

Your second attempt is even more laughable Corsair v Moody. Is this a football match or a match race around an Americas cup course?

Now you might see why it is so important to be clear about what you want to know and you can only do this by arranging your thoughts into sentences that others can understand.

Only you seem to have a problem, is matron on holidays or something.

Tranona

Visit site

Just trying to help you to get answers to your question - when you have worked out what it is. I don't have a problem, I am trying to solve yours, but seems it is not important even to you so shall not give you any more help.

Kelpie

Visit site

well I am also having some problems identifying which aspects of the two boats you are trying to compare. It's a shame really as a direct comparison would be helpful, as both boats are on my shortlist.

pvb

Visit site
well I am also having some problems identifying which aspects of the two boats you are trying to compare. It's a shame really as a direct comparison would be helpful, as both boats are on my shortlist.

The Corsair is quite a decent boat. I bought a new Corsair ketch in 1986, it had been exhibited by Westerly at a number of boat shows. I sold it after a few years, but the next owners took it to Venezuela, then up to the Caribbean, then back across to the Med, where it was sold, and then went on to New Zealand.

saltylegs

Visit site
From my point of view, wife and I looked at a few Moody 37/376 and Corsairs, we decided on the Corsair and very happy with her now in our third season.
Ours is a mk2 built in the final year of production I think.

Kelpie

Visit site
From my point of view, wife and I looked at a few Moody 37/376 and Corsairs, we decided on the Corsair and very happy with her now in our third season.
Ours is a mk2 built in the final year of production I think.

interesting. What were the deciding factors?

Tranona

Visit site
At last, back on topic.
Yes, what were the deciding factors?
Presumably you'd already eliminated any Bavaria, such as one owned by the venerable bede.;)

Good. Now you have the makings of a question. However if you limit it to people who considered both and actually bought one or the other then you won't get much response. Why did you not ask a straightforward question in the first place?

Actually it is a bit of a non question as if you are looking for such a boat then the differences and similarities are there for all to see and the choice may be very personal, or may not be anything to do with specific features but just because one was available at the right price and the other not.

If somebody was looking at this type of boat there are many other alternatives, including a Bavaria model which in some ways is potentially superior to either of them, not least because they are on average 10 years younger (but more expensive of course).

Kelpie has indeed rejected a Bavaria (see his earlier thread on Liveaboard), because for what he plans to do the Moody or Westerly are better suited with the budget he potentially has.

I have explained why I chose a Bavaria after having considered the two boats you are interested in. Nothing magic or complicated about the choice. The Bavaria was a superior boat for what I wanted. Does not mean the rejected boats are bad - just not for me and my situation. If I was planning to do required that sort of boat I would make a different choice and as I would have a bigger budget than needed for a 30+ year old Moody or Westerly would buy something different.

Vincenzo

Visit site
Just wasted 3 minutes of my life actually scanning this thread, it would appear some people have to much time on their hands and actually need to have a good long look at their selves. Far too much time wasted GAL.