Well - you can tell who is glued to their computer ....

fireball

Visit site
its only a matter of changing a reference in 2 files, changing 3 file names and uploading - didn't have FTP Access until this evening .....

Dipper

Visit site
Thanks for the new YBW leaderboard. It does add a bit of extra interest to the race.

I notice Booby Trapper had set some very good DCs for the night and managed to keep within one metre of the coastline all the way. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I think there must have been a significant change in the weather forecast. Two of the top sailors (Brainaid and Mac) have abandoned the southern route and are now heading north followed by several others. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dipper

Visit site
I've just been checking out Booby again. If the northern route turns out to be the correct choice, I think he is currently the best placed boat in the whole fleet. Worth setting the alarm for!

Carolwildbird

art-of-remembering.typepad.com
He was also in charge of Mac.. hence the rapid manoeuvres of both boats to turn north when he woke up. A couple of people commiserated with him and he did a "i can't talk about it.. there is no hope now" sort of reply.

I think quite a number of people are now going to be very confused..... there was confusion enough at 2.30 (yes sad person i got up to change course!) when brainaid didnt go north.

Spyro

Visit site
That is very interesting. I was up at 3 in the morn when Brainache kept going south. I thought I really must be missing something. I notice he had a few followers /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Only problem is as I was going North I sent the YBW club boat South ah well time will tell.

Bejasus

Visit site
Ah, so you were the one. (apologies to Brendan) You sent it south after I plotted it north.
I missed my own turn, didn't wake up in time to while you guys are beating north I am heading at 90 deg and will tack back later to the north.

bumblefish

Visit site
What happened last night! In the 'Official' game I went to bed in about 5000th place and wake up at around the 150 mark and in SOL I was about 100 and am now over 500!!!

Dipper

Visit site
Good man! We can't have YBW beating us although it could turn out to be the best route. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif