Well it is the Express . . . . but

Poignard

Visit site
I now have a much-prized Carte de Sejour.

When I arrived at Ouistreham on the ferry a couple of weeks ago all the immigration and customs officials lined up to form a guard-of-honour.

syvictoria

Visit site
EU Border Control seems a bit shambolic. When we drove out from England in November, we held out our new Greek residency permits at the French control point in Dover. Not interested! They stamped our passports anyway. Returning from Greece four months later, we feared French border control in Calais would tell us we had been in EU too long, and dream up some extortionate penalty we'd have to fight. But they didn't even open our passports, just waved us through.

I would hardly call one example "shambolic"! :D

[3889]

Visit site
There certainly is a Portuguese one, when passports are scanned at airport on entry, it shows history so they know exactly when we come and go.
Well, no one scanned my passport when I arrived at Viano do Castelo from Spain. Cursory glance at the fuel dock from Policia Maritima then they hurried away to more interesting pastimes.

Graham376

Boat on Mooring off Faro, Home near Abergele
Visit site
Well, no one scanned my passport when I arrived at Viano do Castelo from Spain. Cursory glance at the fuel dock from Policia Maritima then they hurried away to more interesting pastimes.

Some years ago, they used to be a real pain. Last time we went in there, cop was standing on the finger demanding we went straight away to his office, hardly giving us time to tie up. In those days on west coast, we had to visit police as well as marina office.