Well done YBW_Trev.

Alistairr

Visit site
Very well done for winning the YBW Leg5 race, and a good overall position.
I honestly thought you had gone too far East, but you obviously knew what you were doing, and it paid off for you.
A good little hussle for a couple of days with you there, but my maiden YBW win still eludes me.

I am over the moon with my race, by far my best, I feel I worked VERY hard at it, but still made a few mistakes, like what I did on sunday night, and missing the start by 35mins and getting a PM from Trev to tell me it had started!!:eek: (Thanks Trev)

Its taken just under 27days, and I enjoyed every minute of it, well done everyone.

Cheers
Al.

trevorr

Visit site
Cheers Al,

Has been an interesting last week or so battling with you. Thought I'd blown it after having one to many sherbets and forgetting to check the boat before I turned in for the night.

You should be proud of your position . Pretty damn good. (for a moboer :) )

And we start all over again tonight.

Trev

Alistairr

Visit site
Yes, I think the lead did change a couple of times, so thats why!! :D

I am very pleased. Shame TENERIFE is coming in from the NW to finish between us, would've been good to follow you home in the rankings.

Yes, Roll on Leg6, one last chance to put all you raggies to shame!!!;)

Cheers
Al.

Last edited:

Sanderling_

Visit site
Congrats to Trev and Al

Well done to both of you. What fun I have had watching your tussle over the past week or so.

Sara and Lopud should also finish before they turn the race off but I fear that the rest of us just need to play for position rather than conceving big tatical moves at this stage. Booby, your plan to head north would have been great if we had had more time...........

Remember guys that the next leg start is at 18.00 UTC and not BST!!!

Tony

Spyro

Visit site
Well done to both of you. What fun I have had watching your tussle over the past week or so.

Sara and Lopud should also finish before they turn the race off but I fear that the rest of us just need to play for position rather than conceving big tatical moves at this stage. Booby, your plan to head north would have been great if we had had more time...........

Remember guys that the next leg start is at 18.00 UTC and not BST!!!

Tony

Yes and if we were going up the channel.....Not so sure about my route, with high developing I was going to have to get back over it again. I think this race was won in the first few days by heading well east before venturing North. I was always playing catch up and taking a few chances with routing that didn't pay off.
Well done Trev and Al for sticking with it.
Thank god only one more leg to go :)

sereda

Visit site
Yes well done Trev enjoyed watching you and Alistair fight for the top spot. Glad its over though, made too many mistakes including missing the finish line (checked my cc 4 times at full zoom and it still missed ???)
Now if only I had a few more posts to my name this last race could have been interesting ;)