Weekend - uugh!

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Re: Don\'t panic

hee hee.... could be right....

Although, thinking about it afterwards, I suspect a southerly won't be too bad... it when its a westerly it gets messy, as the entrance channel is across the swell, and it also bounces back off the harbour defences....

beancounter

Visit site

Hope the trip goes well, Neil. A bit of good luck wouldn't go amiss.

I must say, the generally pants weather this summer has made us feel not too bad about being boatless.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com

Right now, there's 4kts @ SYH, 0kts @ Shotley and 8.5kts @ Walton on the Naze.

You know what our problem is? Note enough wind. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

sailorman

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]

You know what our problem is? Note enough wind. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

But as George Collins used to say
"If the wind is in the right direction- the sun will be in yer eyes "

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Nah.... all the wind that they'd saved from those places got sent to Dover.....

Back home in Shotley after a very windy and (very very very) wet trip back.....

least my decks are well washed down..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Athene V30

Playa del Ingles, Gran Canaria in Winter, the boat
Visit site

Glad to hear you got back OK.

Saturday in Blackwater was pretty empty, just 3 Barges, 6 Smaks and Flipper! We all left B'sea about 7.30am. Talking to (Watertaxi) Jon on Sun (he was racing on Sat) he said they went out reefed for 30kts. I only measured 22 to 25 kts over the deck with my hand held whatsit.

Superb beat out of Colne, reach to Wallet Spitway and then up to W Mersea Nass Beacon then beat to Stone Point before running back to Bradwell. About 25 miles in all /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif My arms ached from helming and winching! Just noted that the highest average windspeed recorded at Cobmarsh was around midday on Sat - 30kts gusting up to 35. My handheld must be under reading!

Tried storm jib and got it setting nicely & well balanced on inner forstay with 3 slabs in main although speed dropped from 5.5 to 3.5 kts compared to rolled genny. Still if wind was F 7 or more with the sea to match I think I would be glad of that!!

Bit concerned on arriving in Bradwell. Has it been sold off? One mighty vessel was flying an Azores courtesy ensign. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Don't have one on board (yet) /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MoodySabre

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
One mighty vessel was flying an Azores courtesy ensign. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that the same one that has rags hanging out to dry where most people have a jib? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif